XLVIII.

A/N: Apologies for typos.
And thanks for all your kind words.
I'll be good, but baby the trauma.

I - IV - MMXIII

With Nova waiting in the car, Jamie stood on the porch waiting for her little cousin. Since she'd been with Nova her relationship with her aunt resided on rocky territory. So on holidays she'd grab her nephew for a few days afterwards and spend time within her own dwelling.

"I'll have him back Sunday evening, Pam."

Jamie gave her no time to respond, running from the porch with Devin. As he ran off to the car she managed to grab a bit of snow, molding it into a ball. Launching it in his direction it landing on his back.

"Hey! No fair!"

"You should know by now I don't play fair buddy. Better keep your eyes peeled later. This is only the beginning." Devin bawled up his face and huffed before getting into the car.

The car ride was filled with Nova and Devin chatting away about everything and nothing. For New Years, they had a big party. According to her cousin an argument occurred, yet again, over Jamie's absence. And for Christmas he received a new bike and other various toys.

"Is that right? Well, I hope you like what we got you."

He had. Ripping the paper from the small box he gawked at the Nintendo 3DS XL.
"Whoa!"

"Check the bag over there," Nova suggested, pointing to the large blue bag behind the Christmas tree.

Devin placed the DS on the ground and rushed towards the bag. He pulled apart the tape that held it together.
"YES!" He cheered pumping his fists in the air.
He removed some of its contents revealing a series of games, from Mario to Resident Evil. Devin rushed over to Nova, wrapping his arms around her neck.
"Thank you, Nova."

"Damn, what about me buddy?"

Devin snickered with her arms open towards his favorite older cousin.
"Sorry, JJ. Thank you too."

"Better be," she held her cousin tight. "Check the bottom of that bag. I gotta little something we can both play in there."

Devin peeled away from her body, bolting for the bag. Removing everything in its entirety, he came to the final item. Call of Duty: Black Ops II.

After the an hour of gaming Nova asked for a turn. With Devin refusing to give up his controller, Jamie gave up hers. She didn't mind, she was getting her ass kicked anyway.

"I'm gonna chill on the balcony for a minute," Jamie whispered in her girl's ear.

"Smoke break?"

"Yeah." Kissing her cheek she headed for the glass doors.

Getting comfortable in one of the chairs, she removed the preroll and lighter for her wool hoodie. The moment the end ignited she inhaled the good vibration and exhaled all her frustrations.

Over the last few months she gave it an honest try and their friendship began to manifest yet again. She'd thought it wouldn't work, but here they were sharing memes, stupid YouTube videos, and music. They'd reached familiar territory, but they lacked physical interaction and he was pressing for it.

Each time he'd invite her over or suggest an outing, she was either busy or give an excuse. Terrible excuses. Excuses of she wasn't feeling well, to not wanting to leave Nova behind. "Nova and Andy go out all the time, I don't see how we can't..." he responded once.