XLVII.

A/N: Before we get started, I figure I'd give an explanation for my absence and let you know now that it may occur again. In May, I found out I was pregnant. I went through a thing for a bit, trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I decided to try and carry this time. Within a week or so I started having some complications. I was bleeding and passing clots. When I finally got to see my OB I heard my child's heartbeat and seen their heart flicker on a screen. I was given a due dated of January 22nd, yet complications continued. I remained hopeful until June 7th.

On that day my step brother passed away in a car wreck. He lost control of the wheel and hit a tree, which caused his car to go up in flames. After that at the 9th week, on June 19th, I went in for a check up. I figured something was wrong when the ultrasound tech wouldn't show me the monitor. Long story short, I suffered a miscarriage. June 25th, I went in for a D&C to remove the remains of the pregnancy.

A few days ago, I went in for a followup and was told I have to have an MRI. There's a large unidentified mass in my stomach. During the pregnancy the baby implanted right beside it and caused a great deal of pain. Also, during the D&C my OB had to go around this mass, however he couldn't tell if it was in my uterus or on the outside pushing in. So, MRI to determine its location... testing to see what it is... after that, treatment. Without saying it outright, my OB, in so many words, said that whatever is in my stomach may have caused the miscarriage. He compared it to a flower. "Would it grow better in rocks or soil?" Yeah, there's that... now here we are this is short but I'm trying to build a quick bridge to get this to where I want it to go. So, here's your update.

    Jamie sat by the cracked window taking a pull from her hitter. The sun was rising, giving a her a view to die for. Her phone began to vibrate on her lap, interrupting the music playing from its speaker.

    "Morning, love."

    "You're up early."

    "Yeah, gotta get ready for the day." Nova yawned, "She has an interview with some magazine in about an hour or so. You should come up and watch me work."

    "Nah, I'd distract you more than anything. And I haven't slept. I miss you too much." Jamie took another pull from her hitter. "You know, I've been missing our wake and bake sessions."

    "You just saw me, but you know I miss you too. I'm assuming you're smoking now."

    "You know it. Missing sessions with you and breakfast in bed," Jamie chuckled, knowing she'd made Nova blush.

    "You're nasty."

    "Riiight. I wasn't anything like this until I met you." A pillow landed on the floor in front of her. "So, about tonight, we're going out."

    "Where to?"

    "Just some place nice. Not fancy or nothing, but it's nice." In silk bottoms, he sat on the pillow in front of her. "We can go as soon as you're done with work."

    "Okay," Nova purred. "I'd like that."

    "I'm gonna let you go though, ok? I know you gotta get to it. You have a good day, okay?"

    "For sure. I love you, J."

    "Love you too, baby."

Jamie ended the call, allowing the music to continue. She took another pull from the heavy hitting vape, blowing the smoke up into the air.

    "Wake and bake, huh?"

    "Damn near everyday."

    "And breakfast in bed," he quizzed.