XVI.

The muffled voice carried into the loo as the foul tasting fluid came streaming out her mouth, preventing her from answering questions being thrown her way.

"So you're not drunk?"

"No," she heaved, expelling more of the contents that upset her stomach.

"Oh, God," she cried, laying her head on her arm as it rest on the rim of the toilet seat. "I think I'm dying..."

"You're not dying," he exasperated, grabbing a towel from the linen closet. He soaked the cloth in cold water, before dabbing it across her forehead. "You're just really drunk..."

Jamie cut her eyes at him, when her mouth began to water. It was coming again. She began to push him away. "Move, move, move, move, mo--" her head fell into the can.

In the next room her phone was blaring. "Want me to get it?"

She nodded in the bowl, waiting for whatever else pent up in her body to vacate.

"Aunt Pam..."

Jamie rolled her head over to him. "Seriously," she croaked. "Pick it up."

Prince cocked his head to the side. "You sure?"

"Yeah," the ringing suddenly stopped. Mere seconds passed before it began to ring again. "She's only going to keep c--calling. Put it on speaker."

Prince granted her wish, placing the answered phone on the countertop.

"Jamie!?"

"Hey," she burped softly. "Hey auntie."

"I'm just checking on you before I hit the bed. Everything alright? You made it to Henry's?"

"Uhh," she moaned feeling the puke beginning to rise. "Everything's--" The sound of her regurgitating filled the room.

Prince came up from behind, rubbing her back as she heaved violently. "Get it all out, mama," he mumbled in her ear.

"Oh my god," she groaned, flushing the toilet for the umpteenth time.

Both Jamie and Prince were surprised to hear the sound of Pam's laughter drift through the speaker.

"Wha--what's so funny, auntie? I'm dying here," Jamie cried. "I'm dying..."

"What's funny? You. I let you go to a party and you get drunk? Jamie, Jamie, Jamie...." her laugh seemed to grow more cynical. "My god, tell me drinking was all you did do, right?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"You know what you were drinking?"

"Yes, ma'am." Silence. "It-it was punch spiked with rum and I had beer."

"You know," she sighed, "I was gonna tell you to bring ya ass home and ground you, but this is ya first offense. Plus, you fucked yourself."

Jamie tried her hardest to keep herself settled. She failed miserably, diving back into the toilet. "Oh god..."

"Yup," her aunt popped her lips. "You fucked yourself. Never mix your liquor. Hell, don't drink when you ain't 21!"

"Jamie, I don't know what the hell has gotten into you. Maybe it's this senior year bullshit, but I'm gonna need for you to get your mind right. Understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," she rocked as she sat in front of the toilet, embarrassed to look at the other occupant in the room as her aunt continued to scold her.

"Now you take that L and enjoy that meeting with the toilet. In the morning, take that hangover like a champ. And you still better make sure to have your ass here at 6 o'clock, Jamie! I am not taking care of your ass when you get here and if you're still fucked up on Monday, you still taking ya ass to class," she roared. "Do you understand me?"