XXXIX.

Slipping on a pair of beat up Chuck Taylor's she prepared to take her leave. It'd been a while since she was home. Rising from the bed, she grabbed her phone and wallet from the night stand.

    The light tug on her hoodie ceased her movements. "Now where do you think you're going?"

    "I need more clothes. I've been recycling the same clothes for over a month."

    He yawned. "I told you you could take the car and go shopping for whatever you need."

    "That's a waste of money. Why shop when I have plenty of clothes back at my aunt's," she argued. Jamie leaned down to him, planting a kiss on his lips. "I'll be back in a few hours."

    As she walked out the bedroom, he jumped up, hugging her from behind. "Nope. Lemme take you."

    "You've taken me plenty enough, short stuff. Haven't you had your fill?" Prince bucked his hips along her backside, allowing her to feel his erection. "I'll take that as a no."

    "It's been a little over a week," he groaned in her hair as he fumbled with her belt. "Quickie before you go?"

"It's been two days."

"Feels like it's been longer."

"I'm sure it has. You're insatiable." She pried his hands from her waist. "Still, the answer is no. It's spring break," turning to him she tapped his nose. "We got all week pipsqueak." She slowly back out of the room.

"Y'know I'm gonna get you back for all these short jokes. Seriously, you better watch out."

    Jamie laughed. "Okay, tyke. I'll keep an out for the little prankster." Prince groaned obnoxiously loud before falling into bed.

    Jamie made the short walk over to La Petite Academy, having told the taxi driver to pick her up there. Being picked up at Paisley Park would only raise suspicion.

    Upon her arrival Jamie was hesitant to enter the home. It'd been many moons since she'd entered and although her aunt attempted to reach out, Jamie left her calls unanswered.

"Open the damn door. I don't have all day."

Jamie nearly jumped out of her skin. "Jesus Christ!" She yelled stumbling back against the door. "You scared me."

"Mhm," she hummed. "Now that we got that out of the way, can you open the door?" Jamie quickly opened the door, granting them both access. "Do me a favor and get the other bags out of the car."

    "Yes, ma'am."

    Once everything was gathered inside, Jamie fell into the regular task of storing the groceries. She almost forgot her reason for coming by. Clothes.

    "Your eye is looking better."

    "Yeah, we've been taking care of it."

    "We?" Jamie didn't hesitate when she responded with a nod. "You still have a scar though. I'm sorry about that June Bug."

    "It's not your fault."

    Pamela rolled her eyes. "Sure as hell feels like it. Then you left." She placed more can goods in the cabinets. "You left and didn't even try to get in touch with me. You just disappeared on me. I had to call Henry to make sure you were okay. I was worried sick. I even called the school just to make sure you were showing up. The only reason I didn't go up there was because I didn't want to cause a scene."