V.

"Zip me," She instructed him, turning her back to him.

Henry tossed the brush on the bed as he stepped to his bestie, raising the zipper to the top. She turned around to face him.

"How does it look?"

Henry stepped back in awe. After licking his lips and shaking his head, he finally spoke. "If I was straight," he sighed. "Let me help you with your shoes."

After showcasing their ensembles to their families, they made a quick dash for the car. Henry's folks had given them the vehicle for the evening.

"You really look good, Jamie," Henry complimented for the umpteenth time.

"Would you stop it," she slapped his knee.

"Aye," he chuckled. "I'm only keeping it real with you boo. We bout to shut this bitch down."

Pulling into the school's parking lot, Henry occupied a space near the back. Once settled, he shut the car off and focused on his date.

"You ready for this, boo?"

Jamie swallowed the lump in her throat. "As ready as I'll ever be."

With each step towards the entrance, her heartbeat quickened. Her chest tightened. She stopped in her tracks. She couldn't do this.

"I'm here..." Henry assured her, cradling her cheeks. "We're here and no matter what, we'll have a good time. I got you."

Jamie nodded, allowing him, once again, to lead the fleet.

Colored LED lights flashed across the gymnasium. Music blared through the sound system.

Henry, being more outgoing then she, spoke to those he knew as he moved through the crowd. While Jamie slightly waved to those who looked on in surprise.

Finally finding a spot with room, he brought her in front of him. "Let's dance, girl."

As Snoop Dogg instructed them on what to do, Jamie began to drop it like it's hot with her bestie, catching the attention of many surrounding them.

"Get it, biiiiitch," Henry encouraged, eyeing the fellow coming up to Jamie for a dance.

A Prince Charming was sly as he followed the sway of Jamie's hips as the song transitioned to Kevin Lyttle's Turn Me On.

For a split second she panic when she felt his firm hands grip her waist. Then she realized it was only a dance and she was enjoying herself. No harm, no foul.

The crowd roared as a new song began to play. Terror Squad's Lean Back. Jamie turned to face her dance partner, whom she recognized as the one of the captains of the schools football team. Both leaned away from each other as the song instructed.

"Aye!!!!!" He hollered spinning her around into him, both now leaning together. "I don't know about you but," he spoke into her ear, "I'm thirsty. Want a drink?"

"Water, please?"

"Gotchu," he smiled. "Don't move. I'll be right back."

Henry ran over to his bestie, "You know who that is right?"

Jamie nodded bashfully. She was sure her peer was only being nice. "It's only a dance, Henry."

"Mhm. Oh, there's Hannah. C'mon," he pulled her over to the group.

Jamie stood quietly, as the small batch conversed, until Hannah began to study her. "Henry, who's this?"

"Hannah," he snapped. "You know who this is."