Meeting the Hero

Gifs not mine

Gifs not mine.

Tony Stark (Iron Man): You were rehearsing your speech over and over again until the lines started to connect and sound like gibberish, you left out a frustrated sigh. You were a nervous wreck and the person who promised you would be here isn't even answering your calls, adding more stress on you wondering if your bestfriend is hurt or in danger. "Look Anthony Edward Stark, you promised me you would be here, you haven't answered any of my calls or text. You know I was nervous about this, I can't believe you bailed on me especially for something this important. I mean I don't know why I'm so torn you do this all the time, but this time Anthony I am NOT forgiving you." you said into the phone after being sent to voicemail again. Tears formed in your eyes but you couldn't try because your makeup was already done and because you didn't like to get too emotion in front of other people, so you bit your lip holding back your tears and let out a deep breath. "(Y/N) we're ready for you. Knock'em dead sweetie." The stage manager said rubbing your back gently, he felt your nerves getting the best of you however you gave him a sweet smile and began walking on the stage looking over the thousands of people watching you. "Good evening everyone, we at the Science Center in Seattle are glad you could all make it for a very special night. As you all know the Center opened up last May with the wonderful donation from Stark Industries and we are all very thankful for the start that gave us exactly what we needed, now tonight is a special night because the Science Center has nominated a junior scientist to uphold our name and create more discoveries as the Science Center grows older. Many junior scientist have worked hard for this position but sadly it can only be granted to one, and that scientist is -" You were cut off by loud applause and cheers, confused you looked over to the center of the audience's attention and none other than Iron Man kneeling in front of you "Um.. Iron Man , I don't mean to be rude but I think your in the wrong venue.." You say looking at him with a stern expression. "Well it's a good thing I didn't come for the drinks and ladies, but you have to understand I made a promise to a good friend of my and I haven't been the greatest friend lately so I thought maybe just this time I wouldn't let her down." Iron Man said now standing in front of you touching thr side of his helmet to reveal a very familar face. "Anthony?!" you say while rushing into his metal arms hugging him with a feeling of safety and happiness "I couldn't let my favorite person in the whole wide world down.. again for the umpteenth time." he said holding you tighter. "Well it's time for you to hand out that award and scholarship for the best junior scientist, I'll be in the side lines looking like my usual human self supporting you." He said kissing your cheek as he made his way back stage. Leaving the rest of your night one big happy blur.