Carpet Time (Woddy McClain)

Picture not mine

Picture not mine.

"If you think I'm going out there alone, your crazy," you said taking a peek at the crowd then rushing to the back trying to catch your breath "Baby you won't be alone. I'll be there holding your hand, you have nothing to worry about." Woody said slowly wrapping his arms around your waist pulling you closer to him so he could start planting kisses on your neck "Woody, stop messing around." you say laughing as you try to fight him off "Baby, you look so good tonight, how can you expect me to keep my hands off of such an amazing and gorgeous person." he said pulling you tighter and just as your lips were about to connect you both hear "On in 3 minutes." one of the stage hands say before walking past you two, you hear Woody groan as he removes his arms off your waist "We got this baby." he says grabbing your hand and giving it a tight squeeze, and all you can do is nod while trying to remember what exactly you have to say, before you know it you two are walking towards the podium with all the bright lights around you two and then it begins "Woody and I are here to present the last award for tonight, to a young group of individuals who have done an amazing job at giving back to their community when refused the federal support they required, we as people must always remember that we were once children with daring and bold ideas and that we all started at the bottom and built our way up the hard way and this group is no different from us. So we took it upon ourselves to write a check for $50,000 to donate to the "Fallen Angels of Michigan" to help them in their quest to better their home town and hopefully with bigger dreams their state," you say flawlessly not missing a beat. You wait for the kids to come on and finish their speech and just as you were about to walk back stage you hear Woody clear his throat in the microphone "Now a lot of you know that (Y/N) has been by my side through it all, scandals, jobs, tour, movies, and everything else life has hit us with and not for a second did she ever question or hesitate staying with me no matter what happened. Now I promised her if I ever did ask her this question it would be in private but hearing her and seeing her tonight just shows me that I need my love for this women to be publicly known, so (Y/N) will you do me the honor in becoming my wife?" Woody gets down on one knee and immediately you see cameras flashing like crazy, you were so taken back you accidentally said no but you nodded and smiled the tears you were holding back couldn't wait any longer. Water falls were making their way down your face as Woody slid the ring of your finger and picked you up "I love you my queen, from now till the end of our time," he said kissing you in front of the thousands that were watching "Way to make a headline babe." you said laughing "Only for you my love." he kissed you once again and even though it was only a few seconds it felt like a lifetime.