Valentine's Day Series (Avengers)

Gifs not mine

Gifs not mine.

"I don't care how much you ask, I will NOT be celebrating Valentine's Day. It's a wasted day that people adore." Bucky said crushing your dreams of having a romantic day "Bucky please just this once?" You begged him tears nearly forming in your eyes "(Y/N) I said no. I have work to do so if you have something to say that's worth my time I'm leaving." He said kissing your forehead before leaving your bedroom. You curled on your bed and began to quietly sob, all year for Valentine's Day you would spend it with your brother talking about how people suck and eat everything you could but this year was your first year going through this day without him. You thought if you could get Bucky to say yes to your request it would occupy your mind, "(Y/N) are you inside?" Steve asked knocking on the door but you couldn't speak so you just moved your hand using your magic to open the door "What's wrong ? What did Bucky do?" Steve asked rushing to your side caressing your back "Why won't he celebrate Valentine's Day with me,..." you quietly say to Steve through your sobs "I don't know , Bucky has changed a lot after the experiment but if he won't spend it with you I will." Steve said wiping your tears with his thumb causing you to smile. Steve always reminded you of your brother so having him near was like having another brother, he told you to get cleaned up and dressed in comfort PJs which you did and then walked to the living area seeing Steve sitting there with a bunch of greasy food, take out & a bunch of sweets. "You're the frickin best guy ever!" You say plopping yourself on the couch, just in time because Steve had started the movie which lead to you both criticizing the actors and people, laughing , throwing food at each other and then falling asleep. When you awoke you were in cold arms "I don't spend Valentine's Day with you and you go off and spend it with my best friend... typical shit that would happen to me... you wanna know why I don't celebrate Valentine's Day (Y/N) well I'll tell you, I was cheated on this stupid fucking day so this is like a stab to the chest but of course you won't know about this because your asleep and I'm basically talking to myself..." he mumbled softly to himself, you tightened your arms around his neck "I would never do that to you James, I love you , you idiot ." There you had finally said the words you never imagined to fly out of your mouth but he would think you were simply dream talking because you were known to talk in your sleep "I love you too (Y/N)." He sighed as he placed you on the bed curling up next to you, meeting you in your peaceful dreams.