Pair of Keys

Picture not mine

Picture not mine.

"(Y/N) are you sure, it's just a suggestion... I mean you know you could always say no or tell me to shut up if you think we're moving too fast.." Keith said stuttering with his words as he looked at the floor in shame. You and Keith had been dating for about 2 years and he finally brought it to your attention that maybe it was time for you both to move in together so there would no longer be distance between you both but ever since he mentioned it he's been getting jittery and nervous at the mere idea. "Babe, do you not want to move in with me?" you asked holding his hands, you were honestly hurt as his reaction not because you thought it was too fast to want such things but because he was so for the idea and now it seems like he's regretting ever mentioning it to you "Are you ashamed of me?" you ask quietly feeling the tears begin to form in your eyes.

You and Keith have been dating in secret all thanks to management not wanting to ruin Keith's image and instead of him defending you he just simply agreed without a single thought about you and your feeling "Baby, you know that's not true, I just never thought I'd be moving into my first house with the women I love more than anything else in this entire world. Now what were you saying about the color of the kitchen?" Keith said lifting your chin up with his finger looking into each other's eyes feeling a sweet smile appear on your face.

Weeks of planning, last minute shopping, stressing, and cold feet had come and gone until it was officially move in day. Keith drove to your apartment collecting the last of your things "You're still nervous about this aren't you?" you said looking at Keith who was shaking, he nodded "It's just I never imagined this day would come... You know moving in with someone you see a genuine happy future with, someone who doesn't give a damn about your fame or money, someone who understands you inside and out, how about someone whos your best friend and significant other? Did you honestly see us here two years ago because I didn't honestly but I'm so damn happy it is and did." Keith said putting down the last box near your door kissing your forehead "Damn i love you women." he said picking up the box and making his way downstairs to the car.

"Are you ready to go home?" He said swirling the keys around his finger before tossing them in your direction "Baby , I've been more than ready." You said perfectly catching them while hopping into the passenger's seat buckling up waiting for the new beginning in your life, a new home, but the same love.