CHAPTER 18: Blank Space

"Hyung......something is wrong with Hoseok". Namjoon confessed while him and Jin were still in the cafe.

"I can feel it.....he is different".

"How so?....apart from his usual issues....what else could have possibly changed about him?

"What he did to your friend is extremely unlike him....theres was something.....strange......he has never been that violent".

Jin still looked confused.

"Well its perfectly normal for guys to punch each other when a lady is messed with right?"

"Right, but hyung......Hoseok went too far....your friend almost passed out from his punches".

"But dont forget that he had a couple of drinks before the altercation". Jin reminded Namjoon. "That would have contributed to him being so extra".

"Maybe you're right.....it could have been the alcohol". Namjoon said this half-heartedly. He was still not convinced.

Hoseok spaced out in that moment. Its like he blocked everything out and focused on his agenda. He lost himself.
I have to keep an eye on him. I need to make sure he is ok. Namjoon made this resolution.

*********************

After I had a small lunch at my dorm, I headed for practice. We had one last day so we needed to perfect it. The event was to be held in two days to allow all dancers to rest before the actual day which would fall on a friday.

I got on the elevator to get to the 4th floor. I spaced out as I started thinking of everything that happened at the party and after.

I have to figure all of this out......I need answers.

I thought so deep that I missed my floor.

Uuuggghhhh agony!!!!

I decided to get of the 5th floor and use the stairs to come back down. At the door leading into the 4th floor I met Hoseok coming up.

"Oh? You use the stairs now?"

"No, I missed my floor while in the elevator".

"Were you thinking about me?" He asked with a flirty smile on his face.

"Uh....no...not really".

"Liar". He walked up the last few stair steps and put his hand on the wall. "You are lying". He whispered gently into my ear. I felt his breath on my ear. He moved his head lower to my neck making me tense up.

"This is not the reaction of someone who "wasnt thinking" about me".

"Uuggghhh the event is in two days, we need to practice.....stop playing games." I pushed him and opened the door to get into the 4th floor.

Hoseok smirked and walked in after me.

During practice, Hoseok was dead serious. He made sure his lines and mine were perfect. He did the lift perfectly. I landed in his arms without an issue. This cut our practice time from an hour to 30 minutes. I was so grateful we did not need to go through the piece again.

I drank my water thirstily while massaging my leg muscles. Hoseok sat beside me.

"Dinner tonight?"

The question was not what I expected.

"Uh....I dont know....maybe another time".

"Come on, its just dinner....nothing else. I know you are not yet ready to be with me but at least we can have a meal together no?.....after all, we are done with practice....what could you possibly be busy with?"