CHAPTER 34: Bitter Pill

The doctor, the nurse and Namjoon arrived just in time. "Help me get him on the bed" Jin told Namjoon. Without hesitation, he helped Jin lift Hosoek back onto the bed as the doctor checked his pulse.

As the doctor and nurse worked together, Namjoon was pacing back and forth in disbelief at what had just transpired. Jin was shaking in his seat as he tried to wrap his head around it all.

"He is stable now. The nurse will come every 2 to 3 hours to check on him. Tomorrow morning,  I will have to conduct an MRI to discover why he suddenly had a migraine". The doctor spoke robotically before he and the nurse left the room.

Jin was still shaking when Namjoon sat beside him to comfort him. "Its ok hyung....... he'll be ok."

********************

Yoongi frantically ran through the hospital corridors and opened the door with a bang.

"What happened here?!"

Jin was to weak to explain anything. Namjoon stood up and motioned Yoongi to take a sit. "You did not sound like anything good is going to come out of your mouth when you gave me the call to come over."

Namjoon took in a deep breath and slowly explained everything. Yoongi went pale as Namjoon described how Hoseok suddenly began to speak to himself while bleeding in the process.

"How is he?"

"The doctor has to conduct an MRI for anything that might be wrong......dont you think at this point we should tell the agency?"

"No, not yet. We need to work our way around this. Forst we need to know whats wrong with him". Yoongi insisted. "I will handle Hitman Bang, I know how to trick him".

Namjoon looked unsure of what Yoongi said but he decided to trust him. Yoongi continued to speak. "But we must contact his aunt, she is his guardian and needs to know whats going on."

Yoongi pulled out his phone to scroll down to her contact. Sending her a quick text, he turned to Jin. "Hyung are you ok?"

"Huh?......uh....yes....I think..." Yoongi held his hands. "Dont worry hyung, we will get to the bottom of this." Jin nodded without a word.

**********************

Namjoon texted me asking me to wait at a park. He arrived with a face that looked grim and uninviting.

"Namjoon?"

He sat down lethargically on the park bench. He turned to face me. "YN, there is something I must tell you".

His words made me worry. "Whats wrong?" I looked into his eyes trying to understand his expression. "Hoseok is in the hospital, he had surgery". He tried to say it as calmly as possible. My eyes widened at his statement. "What?"

"After you two had broken up, Jin and Yoongi found him unconscious in his house. I did not know anything until yesterday. He had a broken wrist and was in a pretty bad shape."

My hands were shaking by now. I tried to think hard at what would be the reason for this. "How long has he been in the hospital?"

"Two days". Namjoon turned towards me. "But there is something else you must know". My breathing was already uneven as I tried to digest all he was saying.

"Something unusual happened......" Namjoon voice started to sound strained.

"He said you were hurting and that you cant breath, he was having some kind of attack as he said this.........a migraine made him get a nosebleed and he was speaking to himself telling someone to let you go".

Namjoon left me with more questions than answers. "Namjoon, I dont think I understand anything you have told me thus far."

He breathed in deeply as he continued to speak. "YN, something is wrong with Hoseok......he kept on saying things that were not coherent.....dont you think it has something to do with the fact that he cant sleep without the pills?"

I thought hard about Namjoon's explanation. "Now that I think of it, there were times Hoseok thought he had hurt me........but he spoke as though it was someone else".

Namjoon swallowed as he continued to speak. "I really think something happened in his past that is started to come out now.......I cant guess what it is......but I am sure it has something to do with the fact that he hates closets and elevators".

I looked down as tears started to form in my eyes. Namjoon took notice and wrapped his arms around me. "You must see him, he is hurt and he needs you".

"But he broke up with me". Namjoon looked at me to wipe the tears off my cheek with his thumb. "He loves you and he will not push you away.....trust me".

I simply nodded without a word.

*******************