CHAPTER 27: Habit or Kink?

Namjoon remained silent as I looked up to him desparate for a reply.

"I thought it was a kink of his.....but the fact that he always pulls away shows me that its not what he wants to do."

Namjoon finally spoke. "When he does this to you, does he know that he is doing it to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Remember the night of Yoongi hyung's birthday when Hoseok got into a fight with Keith......he beat him up to a point where Keith almost passed out. Hoseok has never been that violent and when we tried to stop him, its like he had mentally blocked all of us out."

"Namjoon, are you saying Hoseok spaced out?".

"Yes that is exactly what I am saying.....and he doesnt seem to know when he has spaced out.....he becomes a different person. Someone we dont know".

I shivered at Namjoon's words as tears started to fall. I stood up suddenly....I wanted to run away....I dont know where but anywhere.

Namjoon followed me as I ran outside and stopped me a few blocks after the cafe. He pulled my arm from behind and turned me around into a hug. My hands tugged on his long coat for support.

"Hey, please dont cry......we will figure this out.....Hoseok needs our help...."

"Im just so scared, I dont know what I would do if he ever became different for me."

"I know YN, I know how much you love him but you feel helpless....thats why the hyungs and I will be there for you and Hoseok".

I buried my head into Namjoon's neck as my puffy afro was tickled by the wind. Namjoon's hug got tighter as he felt my body shake from the cold.

********************

Hoseok just got out of the school building. He approached his car when he stopped in his tracks.

I think I should walk home.......maybe I will get tired by the time I get there.

He got out of the parking lot and got out of the school premises. Walking alone the street he eyes darted back and forth the different business stores that were starting to close.

His suddenly caught sight of Namjoon and I hugging.

"Namjoon?......YN?".

He stopped walking and hid behind a wall. He breathed deeply as he tried to collect himself.

No, its not her, its not him.

Hoseok decided to peep from behind the wall to take a closer look.

No one else around here has dark brown skin and hair like hers......that is definitely YN.

His heart rate increased as he saw Namjoon gently stroked my back as he pulled me in closer from the cold that made me shiver. From Hoseok's perspective, we looked like we were kissing.

Looking away and hiding back behind the wall he sank down to the ground as tears fell.

YN doesnt love me

**************************

After what seemed like forever, Namjoon pulled away from me and held my hands. "Listen YN, I care about Hoseok and I care about you too. I promise you I will help you through this. Your happiness and Hoseok's happiness are important to me".

"Im grateful for your concern". I sniffed.

"There is one important thing you must promise me".

I looked back up into his eyes.

"What is it?".

"I know Hoseok would never do it to a person he loves, but you have to call on me or text me if he ever becomes different.......I will make sure to come to your aid".

I knew what Namjoon meant and I nodded without a word.

After one last reassuring hug, he let me go and offered to drop me off by my dorm.

**********************

"Sir, we need to close the bar now.....please take your leave". The waiter was impatient.

Hoseok was not a drinker, but this day he drank.

"I am not leaving this bar until I get drunk". Hoseok slurred.

"You ARE drunk Sir".

Hoseok picked up his last bottle and started to walk out the bar.....he didnt want a fight....he just want to get drunk and be left alone.

Staggering to the door, he pulled out his phone to call his butler to come pick him up. His legs were so weak from drinking he did that he decided to sit on the side of the road.

The butler arrived after 15 minutes. "Take me home", he said with a dumb look on his face.

The butler was mostly an emotionless, straight-faced character but today, he wondered what lead Hoseok to drink so much....he has never drank before.

"Right away Sir". He helped him get to his feet and took him to the car.

In the car, Hoseok kept on rumbling to the butler as he continued to drive in silence.

"She loves to test me........first with that bastard and now with my brother........."

The butler was grateful they arrived home and didnt have to listen to Hoseok's rumbling anymore, though he did take pity on him.

Helping him get upstairs, Hoseok started to phase out as the butler helped him get into his sleep clothes and tucked him in bed.

"Have a good rest Sir." But Hoseok didnt hear this...he had already passed out and was snoring.

*******************