CHAPTER 37: New Beginning

"I would like the class to learn the following pieces"..........

The rest of the words of the teacher seemed inaudible to me. It was a rough week having to adjust to a life without Hoseok with me. It felt empty and painful to think about.

YN, just hang in there.....it will get better with time.

My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher's words. "YN and Keith come forward please".

Keith and I did as we were told. "Now class this is how you do a lift..... your priority is your partner's safety. Secondly, you must have enough strength to lift her. Thirdly, you must do it gracefully and cleanly.....like so"....

The teacher motioned his hand towards us and we got into position to perform the lift. I anded perfectly into Keith's arms and immediately had flashbacks of when Hoseok and I danced in front of the school. Keith's eyes and mine locked. My mind pictured Hoseok. I struggled to let out an inaudible "Hoseok"...

Keith looked at me with a "hhhmm?" He did not hear that I had subconsciously mentioned Hoseok's name wihout realizing it myself.

"What?" I looked at him in confusion. "I thought you said something". He said

"Me?"

"Thank you YN and Keith".....The teacher interrupted us and Keith put me down.

I felt a little awkward after. I wanted to bury myself in a hole somewhere.

*******************

It had been one week since I had seen Hoseok in hospital. By this time, I had resolved to just mind my own business and try to least survive through every school day.

Luckily, the korean girl at the dorm had become my friend. We would hang out together whenever both of us had no class.

"YN, are you thinking about him again?" Sobin interrupted my thoughts. We were sitting in the park with out lunch out. The breeze beautifully tickled my long afro tresses without reservations.

"Im sorry, I didnt realize I had spaced out again"

"I dont blame you, it takes some time. I know exactly how it feels". She rubbed my back as she spoke.

"Does it get better?" I groaned out of frustration.

"Oh it does, you just have to be patient. Come, lets go do something fun ok?" We left the park as soon as it began to get dark.

I was grateful to have Sobin with me. We had always chatted as dorm mates but not as friends and I am glad I haf the chance to have her as a friend especially in this time when Hoseok and I were over. I must say, she was a gift from heaven. Most of the times she helped me get my mind of Hoseok.

We entered a movie cinema with tickets she had saved all week. She had been dying to see the movie and couldnt wait for the weekend since school was so busy.

"Come on YN! The movie is about to start....I dont plan on missing any scene!". She dragged me through the doors at lightning speed. I just giggled all the way without much resistance. Its a miracle none of the popcorn spilt as we ran inside. As soon as we got comfortable, the lights went off and the movie started after 5 minutes of ads.

Much to my surprise, it was a romantic love story. My shoulders slouched as it started bringing back memories. It was one and a half hours of some emotional shit I was not ready for. Tears fell effortlessly as the movie seemed to remind me of my own breakup.

After the movie, Sobin noticed me wiping my tears as we left the cinema. "YN are you ok?" And then it clicked in her mind that it was the movie's genre.