T W O

Four Years Of Age ❣︎ December

"I have to get something for Archie mommy!" The Raven haired boy yells excitedly, his mother laughing and tussling up his wild hair in response. She grabs his small hand and gently pulls him along the crowded mall.

"What do you think he'd want honey?" Her voice dripping of sugar as it fills the ears of her little boy. The boy frowns, this was harder than He originally thought it was going to be.

"Well, Santa said he was getting Archie a red remote control car." He thinks out loud.

"How about we get him a race track for it?" His mother smiles, making her son break out into one as well.

"That's perfect!" He yells happily, pulling on his mother's hand towards the nearest toy store. The Raven haired boy walks into the toy store with wide eyes, glancing at everything with desire. The shelves sing and flash with purpose, and he can't help but to be in awe of everything. Finally, his eyes lay upon the perfect race track. The track flashes purple, red and blue, and the boy can't help but to get excited as the cars race around turns and surge up and under bridges.

"This one! This one Mommy!" His mother gives the boy a small smile and gestures for him to grab the toy. He excitedly picks up the large box and hauls it to the cash register, watching it as his mom pays and hands the bagged gift over.

"We have to hurry up and get home so we can wrap it and give it to Archie before it gets too late. Santa won't deliver your gifts if you're up too late." She points out. The eager little boy nods his head and grabs his mother's hand tightly.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" He says in a panic, pulling her along to the car.

Within an hour, Archie's gift is well wrapped and secured in the giver's mitten covered hands as his family approaches Archie's house for Christmas Eve Dinner. The excited little boy gestures for his mom to rang the doorbell, and soon his best friend's footsteps can be hard traveling quickly to the door before it is pulled open revealing a smiling redhead.

"Jug!" He yells happily.

"Archie!" The raven haired boy laughs.

Archie's eyes start to widen at the big box in his best friend's hands. "Is that f-for me?" The giver nods his head before thrusting the gift out to his friend, watching the smile spread across his face.

"Wait! Let me get yours!" Archie says before running back upstairs and leaving the Jones' family outside.

Archie's mom comes into view, smoothing out her shirt as she shoots the family an apologetic look and welcomes them inside. The dark hue fusses with the zipper of his coat, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he tries to unstick the zipper, smiling in satisfactory once it zips down smoothly.

"Jug are you coming?" Archie yells from upstairs. The boy laughs a little to himself before jumping up a bit to hang his coat by the door and carefully placing his shoes to the side, saying a hello to Archie's parents. He begins to take the steps two at a time before running down to the end of the hallway excitedly. He was really curious to see what Archie had got him.

The excited boy walks straight into Archie's room and throws himself onto the bed as the scarlet hue fishes out a wrapped gift box from under it. "I don't know if you'll l-like it but... you'll see when you'll open it."

"How about we open each other's now?" The darker hue suggests deviously.

"But what if we're not supposed to and santa finds out?" Archie frowns.

The darker hue frowns with him. "Let's ask our parents then."

In within five minutes the duo had managed to beg their way into their parents hearts, obtaining permission to exchange their gifts.

"You go first!" They both yell at the same time, bursting out into giggles after.

"No you go first, I wanna see y-your reaction." Archie smiles.

The darker hue nods his head before messily ripping the wrapping paper off into stray little pieces, revealing the one thing he never realized he wanted.

"In day care you always want to play with this t-toy but Sally always hogs it, so I asked if w-we could get you the newer version."

The raven haired boy immediately engulfs Archie in a big hug, thanking him over and over again for his new toy laptop, the one that lets you create stories and play games on.

"Your turn!" The happy boy smiles before pushing his gift over to Archie.

Unlike the darker hue, Archie carefully takes off the tape and undos the folds of the wrapping paper, cleanly ripping the whole sheet off to the side. Archie screams though, as he reveals the gift and starts jumping up and down.

"I love it!"

***