E I G H T

Part One

Six Years Old ❣︎ May

It was a surprise.

Jughead was just so proud of Archie, for a number of reasons really, so he begged and begged and begged until he got permission.

Jughead was taking Archie to Disney World.

The redhead's favorite movie was Cinderella, and the raven haired boy couldn't wait to take him to her. He couldn't wait to show his scarlet friend the blinding lights, to tug him through the harmonious sounds of laughter and happiness, and to have their mouths water at the fervid smell of sugar and spice. He couldn't possibly wait, because he had decided that Archie wasn't as happy anymore.

He desperately wanted to change that.

He had been planning this excursion for a while now, ever since January. His parents had agreed to taking the pair of best friends the day after graduation, and Jughead could barely sleep due to excitement.

He only wished he could share his excitement with Archie though, but that would ruin the surprise.

The raven haired boy excitedly woke up at 5 am, greeting the groggy sun with a smile. Jughead had never been anywhere outside of Riverdale before, let alone a whole different state, so he was slightly nervous.

Florida seemed so far away from his small old town, would things be different there? In his mind, the raven haired boy almost makes Florida out to be a whole different country. He can't imagine a place where it always seemed to he unbearably warm, where the beach was practically homeowner's backyards, and where people seemed to breathe in salt water.

It seemed magical in its own right.

The raven haired boy quickly hops out of bed and runs into his parents room.

"Momma! Daddy! Wake up!" He yells urgently before climbing onto their bed in a fit giggles. The parents of the bubbly boy smile at their son's excitement before simultaneously pulling their son into a big hug and showering the boy with 'good morning!'s, 'I love you!'s and kisses.

The Jones family quickly gets dressed and puts their previously packed suitcases into the trunk of their vibrant red car. It being now 6 o'clock, Jughead is practically jumping out of his car seat once realizing that in five hours, he will be on his first plane ride to his first outside out of state trip while he stays at his first hotel that's en his first trip to amusement park with his first ever best friend.

Once they arrive at Archie's house, Jughead excitedly hops out of the car and tiptoes over to the gate that leads to the backyard. In Jughead's head however, it's really just the gate that led to Archie's window.

After sneaking into the backyard, The dark haired boy strongly tosses a few pebbles at Archie's window, until a familiar messy head of flames comes strolling towards the window. With one swift pull, the scarlet hue's confused eyes are now seen peeking out of the window.

"J-Jughead? What are y-you doing here?" Archie mumbles.

"Get dressed please, I need you." Jughead attempts to say seriously, not wanting to ruin the plan. As they speak, Archie's Dad and Jughead's parents are stealthily bringing Archie's suitcase to the front of the house and the raven haired boy's mission is to just get the scarlet hue dressed and outside.