N I N E T Y - S I X

Twenty Five Years Old ❣︎ July

The raven haired beauty sits excitedly on the roller coaster as the redhead practically trembles next to him in fear. Archie hasn't ever really liked roller coasters after a traumatizing experience that involved someone else's vomit mixed with a little of his own. He'll get on one for Jughead though, because Jughead always has a way of making him give in.

"I have something I want to tell you." Jughead begins to say as the ride operators make sure the two of them are strapped in, and move onto the next cart.

"You can't tell me this when we're safely on the ground?" The redhead asks nervously before Jughead rolls his eyes and grabs his husband's hand lovingly.

"It'll be more fun this way." He smiles gently as the conductor presses a button and the carts lurch forward with a loud squeak, making the redhead even more anxious.

"So what is it?" He barely whispers as they start to climb slowly in the air, eyes closed shut and fingers gripping Jughead's tightly.

"Do you remember when you proposed?"

"Of course I remember when I proposed." He furrows his eyebrows.

"So then you remember the question you asked me before that." Jughead continues to speak casually as if they're not on a roller coaster that's about to drop any second now.

Archie opens his eyes and quizzically looks at Jughead. "What about it?"

"Yes." He smiles widely just as the coaster makes its way to the very top.

"Wait, are you seri-" Archie begins, eyes widened with shock before the coaster lurches forwards and he's cut off by his own scream.

***

"I want you to say it, I want to hear every single syllable." Archie begs once they're both safely on the ground.

"Arch, can we sit down first? I'm tired." Jughead frowns, although not hard enough to hide the smirk that forms on his face signifying that he knows he's being a tease.

"Juggy." He says in a warning tone, stepping in front of him so he can't move.

Jughead giggles before gently grabbing his hands and staring intently into his chocolate brown eyes. "I want to adopt and raise a child with you, Archie Andrews."

Archie gasps, not expecting the phrase to hit him as hard as it does, Not expecting it to erupt a new feeling inside of his chest, and not expecting it to cause his eyes to water. "You mean that?" He mumbles, staring back into his eyes just as intently.

"I mean that. I've been thinking about it a lot lately." He admits.

"You have?" Archie smiles.

"I have. I mean, I'm not saying we're going to go out and get us a kid tomorrow, but give me a year or two Arch, and I promise we'll extend this family of ours by one. Just wait for me." He urges, squeezing his hands a bit.

"I'll always wait for you." Archie promises, just happy that he's opened to the idea. It's going to happen, the two of them are going to raise a kid and be a family. They're going to spoil them and love them with all their heart, they're going to be the best dad's in the entire universe and the thought is enough to finally bring the redhead to tears. He buries his head into the raven haired beauty's chest, staining his shirt with tears as warm hands find their way around his waist and pull him close.

"I hope those are happy tears?"

"The happiest."

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾