F I F T E E N

Seven Years Old ❣︎ January

Christmas Eve was dull.

None of the duo's families were really in the position to act cheerful and spread a sense of false calm on this day, so they didn't.

There was no special Christmas Eve dinner, there was no exchanging of gifts, there was no laughter, and there was no happiness insight.

Until after dusk of course.

Just because their families were broken, it didn't have to mean that Jughead and Archie were as well.

At around 11 o'clock, the raven haired boy easily sneaked out of his house, something he's very accustomed to now. He took the same short walk to Archie's house as he has a million times, and waited outside his bedroom window to catch the redhead if he fell down.

Like always.

"Hi."

The scarlet hue breathed out slowly.

"Hey."

the darker hue would chuckle, his cheeks turning a shade of red.

And everything was okay.

The duo walked down to the old trailer park, spilling their dreams into the gelid air while glancing at each other ever so often with broad smiles on their faces. They are each other's comfort.

Archie learned that although he didn't have his mom anymore, he had Jughead, and that seemed twice as better. The two would never ever plan to leave each other, and their close to midnight walks always solidified that.

"If I had money I would've gotten you the best Christmas gift." The darker hue had sighed after sitting down next to Archie on the rough terrain of the park.

"Me too." Archie pouted, knowing that both of their parents were going through a stuff time in the money department.

"Next year, I'll make it up to you." They both recited at the same time, falling into a fit of giggles at the synchronization.

However, they weren't the type to play silly games like "Jinx", because what was the point of playing a game that ended up with the other owing something? They share everything anyways, it didn't make logical sense in their mind.

The following day, both of the boys had received at least one Christmas gift, and they were grateful for that due to knowing their situations. Jughead had never really believed in Santa Clause, and soon Archie had followed suit after hearing Jughead's reasoning.

Archie loves how smart Jughead is.

Now, school has just gone back into session after not a nearly long enough break, and Archie is already completely and utterly done with it.

"What's that?" A cheery girl's voice sounds behind the redhead.

The latter sighs before holding out a small piece of paper, letting the lemon hue grab it.

"Dear Mr./Mrs. Andrews,

Archie is in danger of repeating the year again due to his low performance in major focus areas for second grade. If he does not improve, I will be forced to fail him. I'd like to discuss this more in person. Please email me when you're able to come down to the school.