F O R T Y - F O U R

Sixteen Years Old ❣︎ May

"What's up?" FP asks before plopping down next to his son who is staring blankly at the black screen of the tv in the corner.

"Nothing." Jughead responds weakly.

"There's obviously something wrong."

"There's been something wrong ever since I was seven."

"What?"

"That was the first time you left, remember? I do. I was seven."

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did."

"I know you are, and I forgive you. I just make snarky comments a lot. I don't know what's wrong with me anymore. It's like something's always wrong and I can't pinpoint what exactly, but I know it started when I was seven."

"We can talk about it if you want?"

"No I don't like talking, I'd rather forget it."

"Staring at a blank tv screen on the couch for two days straight suggests that you should be talking to me, Jug."

"I can't."

"Have you talked to Archie?"

"Archie hates me."

"That's impossible."

"Say that to all the calls he's blocked, all the texts he's read, and all the times he ignored me in school these past few months."

"Wow, that doesn't seem like him."

"I should've saw it coming."

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone ends up throwing me away."

"Please stop talking like that. You're scaring me."

"I'm sorry."

"No you're not."

"No I'm not."

"Why don't you just tell him how you feel?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You have feelings for him, right?"

Jughead just stares at his Dad in shock.

"Wait, how'd you know?

"I saw the way you were looking at him when you were trying to say goodbye."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So you don't care?"

"Not really, I'm just happy to have you back, even if it's only because Archie was being an asshole." He joked.

"It just hurts a lot I guess. Everything does. Mom can't stand me, I miss Jelly Bean too much, Reggie stopped being friends with me and now so is Archie." Jughead mumbles.