T H I R T Y - S E V E N

Fourteen Years Old ❣︎ January
(Continued)

Archie's alarm sounds throughout his small room, stirring the two boys from the little amount of sleep they were able to regain.

"C'mon Juggy, school." The redhead yawns, smiling a bit at how the raven haired beauty was still cuddled up into him from last night.

It's honestly adorable.

"Who's school? I don't know her." He mumbles back, cuddling into him more. In all honesty, Jughead has always been touchy and cute in the mornings. It was until about an hour into the day when he turned on his sarcasm and 'I don't care' facade.

"We need to get up." Archie sighs, but not having the will power or desire to push the cute, tired boy off of him.

"Let's not go." Jughead wines, finally taking his head off of Archie's chest to look at him.

"No, Juggy we are not skipping." Archie scolds, trying to avoid eye contact because he knows that with one look into those pretty ocean eyes, he'll agree in seconds.

"Fine." The darker hue pouts, but not making a move to get up.

"Oh my gosh, now we have to do it the hard way." Archie smirks, causing Jughead's eyes to widen.

"No, no, please Arch? Don't, okay I'll-" he begins, trying to get out of the redhead's grasp, but he is cut off when Archie's fingers start to attack his sides.

He yelps, squeals, and laughs as Archie continues his assault with an amused smile on his face. Some things have changed, but Jughead being ticklish hasn't.

Jughead finally manages to get out of Archie's gasp, quickly running away out of the room and into the bathroom, but not without flicking him off first.

"Love you too." Archie laughs before starting to get himself ready as well.

***

"We still have to talk about what happened last night you know." Archie reminds Jughead as they walk to school hand in hand.

Archie isn't really complaining about it, but it's just kind of strange for Jughead to do. He's never been this clingy, it was almost as if he thought that the world would explode if he wasn't squeezing the redhead's hand.

Jughead is just shaken up is all. He wants comfort because he's hurt, and he's scared. Archie makes him feel better, and Jughead wants to feel better. The vulnerableness and adorableness from this morning passed and now Jughead just looks...

Empty.

He's not even sure what triggered the nightmare yesterday, it just happened out of nowhere. I mean, it's almost been a year since it's happened, why now? He's not even sure if his dad is getting better, he hasn't seen him since. He hasn't spoken to his mom in years, and even Jelly Bean is starting to call less and less.

It's like everyone is forgetting about him.

It's like he's unimportant.

So maybe he's just holding onto Archie real tight to make sure he doesn't forget he's here too.

But Archie could never ever forget Jughead.