E I G H T Y - S I X

Twenty Three Years Old ❣︎ July

"Arch, I need space." Jughead sighs, pushing him off.

"What's wrong?" Archie asks worriedly. Jughead has been staring out the window for their bed for about three hours now. Archie tried to cuddle him per usual, but Jughead wants no part of it.

"You're annoying me, that's what's wrong." Jughead rolls his eyes. Archie just sighs, used to how cold he can get when something's up.

"What's really wrong?"

"I have writer's block." He mumbles before laying his head back on the bed.

"You don't get writer's block." Archie laughs.

"Well obviously I do if I have it." He snaps.

"Whenever you're upset you take it out on me and it's kind of annoying." Archie says gently, not trying to make him more mad than he already is.

"Can you just leave me alone!" Jughead groaned, covering his face with his hands. "I just want to be alone right now." He says more softly.

"Okay." Archie shrugs before getting up.

"I'm sorry." Jughead mumbles.

"It's alright."

"I think I'm just going to go for a little bit." Jughead sighs before getting up and putting on his shoes. "I love you." He says softly as he walks up to Archie.

"I love you too." Archie smiles before Jughead quickly pecks him on the lips and exits the apartment.

Jughead knows he shouldn't have done that, but he can't help it. Old habits die hard. Sometimes he just really needs to be alone because he's used to be alone. He steps outside the apartment and lazily runs his fingers through his hair. He hadn't really bothered to get dressed that morning, slipping on some random ripped jeans on the floor and an old NYU hoodie that was way too hot to be wearing outside.

Maybe part of the reason why he was so grumpy was not only because of his writer's block, but because of the fear that his second book will never be as good as the first one. He's never actually read a sequel that was better than the first one.

Well actually, The Scorch Trials exists. Not the movie version, we don't even talk about the movie version.

Matter of factly, High School Musical 2 and the Cheetah Girls 2 were way better than the originals but that's besides the point.

What if he's already washed up? What if he can never write a book that out shadows the success of the first one? What if nobody will ever want to read anything else he writes except for this one series? Look at J. K. Rowling! She's actually written other books! Jughead didn't know that until last week!

Jughead isn't so sure if he can do better.

"Hey! You're Jughead Jones!" Someone says quietly to the left of him, a boy that couldn't be much older than 18. Jughead snapped out of his thoughts and smiled to the voice.

"Yeah, who are you?" He asks kindly.

"My names Trevor. Im a really huge fan of your book. I didn't think I was actually ever going to meet you I have so many questions." He responds shyly.