E I G H T Y - F I V E

Twenty Three Years Old ❣︎ May

"You're so busy now." Archie frowns as he pokes Jughead's cheek. Jughead doesn't even notice, too trapped in the world of his writing to even look up.

Jughead was asked for a sequel, and he happily obliged. He had so many ideas for a sequel when he wrote the book originally, and he'd be lying if he said he hadn't already written most of it. Lately, he's been so absorbed in his writing that he doesn't go out or talk much. Archie still isn't used to it, maybe because he was never around him when he was writing the first book, but Jackson assured him that this was normal for him. Trying to reach Jughead while he's writing is like trying to reach Will when he's in the upside down.

It's hard.

After a few minutes of watching him write, Archie smiles and leaves the room, leaving him to do what he does. He tears a piece of paper from the notepad in the kitchen and writes a note to Jughead, telling him where he'll be. Archie personally hates the amount of notepad's around the house, but that's just how Jughead operates. He insists on having about ten notepads in the most random places for when he gets an idea. The two of them could be watching tv and then all of a sudden he'll jump off the couch with the dorkiest smile on his face and run to a notepad, scribbling stuff down for about ten minutes.

Archie isn't sure if his boyfriend is insanely smart, or insanely insane, but either way he loves him.

Archie grabs his keys from the rack and his wallet before taping the note to the door and leaving.

Ever since he started working at the cafe, he's made a lot more friends. There's Alex, the very serious waitress who continues to nag everyone about how the world ended years ago and everything is an illusion, and Smith, the other performer who sings on Mondays and Wednesdays. The owner is very sweet too. He's this chubby old man who talks with an Italian accent and smells like cigars.

Lately, he hasn't minded being alone so much. He actually kind of enjoys it. He likes being able to go out to the city and not be so attached to Jughead all the time. He likes having his own money and he likes having his own thing, even it's as simple as singing a set of 5 songs at a cafe. It's still something and it's his. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't just a little bit jealous of his boyfriend though.

Jughead got everything he ever wanted and that's only because he worked for it. Archie has sat back and waited for something good to happen to him for years now, never putting in work for anything. Maybe if he took more initiative, he would've gotten his dream already. He's not even sure what his dream is anymore.

He's perfectly content with singing at a cafe. He doesn't really have the desire to be famous or anything, he'll leave that to Jughead. Sure, having a song if his played on the radio would be amazing but he doesn't have that desire anymore. When he thinks about his future, he just thinks about Jughead and how happy they'll be. He kind of... dare he said it... wants a kid.

Sure, it's random, but it's something he just always pictured for himself. He especially wants to raise one with Jughead. He's not quite sure how Jughead would feel about all of that though. I mean, his career is just starting and sure being a writer isn't going to take too much time away from a child but he can't possibly ask him to sacrifice that at the moment. Maybe he'll just causally bring it up sometime soon, maybe after Jughead calms down from his writing high.

Hopefully he says yes.

Archie sighs as he walks down the busy city street, the chilly air stinging his bare skin as his strides match the moderate tempo of his thoughts. He isn't even aware of where he is until he's snapped out of his thoughts by a sharp pain, a groan, and the sound of a book tumbling to the ground.