T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Thirteen Years Old ❣︎ May

"Juggy? It's 1 am."

"I'm sorry, I'm just upset."

"Isn't that what you have a girlfriend for?"

"I don't have a girlfriend anymore."

Archie practically shoots up out of his bed, pressing the phone closer to his ear where the raven haired boy's muffled voice can be heard.

"What?"

"We broke up Archie."

The redhead begins to feel so many emotions all at once, and none of them happen to be sympathy. He's never been more awake at 1 am.

"I'm sorry, wanna come over?"

"I'm already here, open the back door."

An even wider smile finds itself on the scarlet hue before he quickly throws on some shorts and a loose t-shirt. His heart is pumping with adrenaline and his mind is working on hopefulness.

Jughead and Betty are no more.

Archie makes it down the stairs and let's Jughead in, grabbing his hand and leading him towards the kitchen. The darker hue sluggishly sits on the stool as the redhead pulls out a tub of strawberry cheesecake ice cream and two spoons, immediately placing it in front of him before sitting down.

"You're honestly the best person in the world and I could marry you right now." Jughead jokes before shoving a spoonful into his mouth.

Archie knows he's joking, but that doesn't do anything to cease the butterflies in his stomach.

"What happened?"

"Well, I don't really know." Jughead begins sadly. "We started off good, and then we kind of just got to the point where we were just best friends who call each other pet names and kiss. Like I have feelings for her, but not as strong as they were. They're more like 'I care about you and I hope you're okay' feelings. Not 'I like you a lot' feelings. And Betty agreed. So we just broke up."

"Well at least it ended on a good note?"

"Yeah but it's kind of disappointing because that was seven months of my life."

"I can understand that." The scarlet hue nods, trying not to give away how happy he is.

Sure Juggy liked a girl, but I liked a girl too. It could be a phase?

"We're both not going to be able to fit in your bed, remember last time?"

Archie starts laughing, remembering the last time Jughead had to stay over. When they were kids it was so easy to fit the two on the small twin sized mattress, but they've gotten so much taller and just plain bigger since then. Archie can barely fit on it himself.

"So I'm guessing you're staying over then?"

"You see, I don't get why you even have to ask at this point. You should just assume."

"I'll get the blow up mattress then."

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

This chapter was so short but adding on another part didn't really make much sense.

But see, I'm feeding you good guys don't worry 😭

Triple update surprise?? TBH I just feel guilty about bughead