S I X T Y - E I G H T

Nineteen Years Old ❣︎ May
(Continued)

"Archie, you look like my dead cat."

"I want to be dead."

"Don't joke like that. What's wrong?"

"Jughead broke up with me." Archie choked out before sitting up in his bed and staring at the wall in front of him blankly.

"That's great!" Kevin says excitedly while clapping his hands.

"Sometimes, I really don't like you Kevin. This is one of those times." He says monotonously, not even having the heart to glare.

"Look. It's Friday, you have no classes today, and there's tons of parties you can go to so you can finally get laid without it being cheating. Also, isn't Jughead asexual anyways?"

"See, I don't want a few stupid hookups. I want Jughead and his smile and his eyes and his laugh and his hugs and his stupid jokes and hi-"

"I get it. You're sprung."

"I've never felt more pain than I have in the past 8 hours." He mumbles sadly.

Kevin sighs before sitting down on Archie's bed and trying to be supportive.

"Why'd he break up with you?"

"I almost cheated on him with Veronica. And the thing is despite knowing I was wrong for that, I still defended myself because he was getting mad and I was getting mad and I said a lot of really bad things I didn't mean and I went way too far."

"Damn. What did you say?"

"In short, he asked me was she pretty and sexy and confident and I said 'yup, unlike you'." Archie groans.

"I would've beaten your ass through the computer screen."

"Oh, but it gets worse."

"How could it possibly get worse than that?"

"I asked him, 'do you want to know how else she isn't like you?' and responded by saying, 'she's actually willing to have sex with me.'"

"Wow." Kevin whistles.

"I know. I hate myself. I don't deserve to grace the same planet as that boy."

"Well, what are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing. I'm going to sit here and sulk all day."

"Alright, it's not like I care, or anything but if I wanted him back as much as I think you do I'd rush down there to see him."

"He doesn't seem like he wants to talk to me or see me ever again and I completely understand that."

"Well, nothing's ever going to change if you sit on the sidelines and watch everything unravel around you." Kevin sighs before getting up and heading towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some breakfast."