S I X T Y - T H R E E

Eighteen Years Old ❣︎ November

"I'm just having fun, isn't that what you said to do?" Archie brushes off as he walks down the hallway with Betty by his side.

"Veronica Lodge is not what I meant by fun." She scoffs.

"You act as if I've cheated."

"I wouldn't hold it against you." She seethes.

"Alright, that was mean." Archie pouts.

"Even if you haven't cheated, the fact that you two are just shamelessly playing these stupid mind games with each other is still wrong. It's like you know she wants you, but you refuse to stop her attempts of trying to get with you. Instead you play into it and then play hard to get like its some type of game! And Jughead is not even the referee, no, Jughead is 3 hours away thinking that his boyfriend is in class when really, he's flirting with some bitch in high heels and skimpy clothes!" Betty yells, causing everyone to turn their heads in curiosity and for Archie to grab her hand and pull her around the corner.

"Look, I don't see how what I'm doing is wrong." He whispers.

"I'm telling you how it's wrong, and if you don't stop I'm telling Jughead."

"No! Betty, you can't do that!"

"If you're not doing something wrong it shouldn't be a problem, right?" She says angrily before walking away.

"Betty!"

"Don't talk to me until you stop playing games. Jughead deserves more than that." She yells loudly as she continues down the hallway.

Archie and Veronica haven't been doing anything, but the way they interact with each other suggests that they want to be doing everything.

When Archie isn't talking to Jughead, he's talking to Veronica. It wouldn't be so concerning if the conversations held the same level of innocence but they don't.

Archie knows this, but he thinks that as long as he's not acting on it, it's not cheating. He's just bored, and Veronica is entertaining.

He huffs before turning around and walking back to his dorm. His classes are pretty easy and he's been keeping on track with his work to the point where he has a lot of free time on his hands. College is supposed to be fun but there's literally nothing to do, he reasons.

He opens the door to his dorm and rolls his eyes at Kevin making out with yet another random guy on his bed before flopping on his own. This happens so much that he's pretty unfazed. He grabs his headphones and plugs them into his phone, clicking on shuffle just to drown out the noise of lip smacking from the other side of the room.

The first song that comes on is Empire State of Mind, and Archie can't help but to feel guilty. Deep down he knows that if Jughead found out about the games he plays with Veronica he'd be really hurt. He's not even sure why he's doing it in the first place, maybe just because he can? He wouldn't say he's messing with her feelings, because it's obvious she has none, but Archie likes pretending to be interested in her one day, and ignoring her the next.

Does that make him an asshole?

Yes.

But Veronica does it to him too.

The music fades out a little bit as his phone dings in his ears, signaling a text from his boyfriend.

My Everything 💕: hey I can't ft at our usual time today :(

Ed Sheeran 😝: why not :(

My Everything 💕: well I just went to the gym with Jackson and I'm pretty sure I'm dying because we stayed longer than usual and I have this really long paper to start writing that I've been procrastinating on

Ed Sheeran 😝: you? Procrastinating? Am I talking to the right person...

My Everything 💕: ikr? lol I've just been really busy lately. There's always so much going on and so much to do. I end up getting dragged out of my dorm everyday.

My Everything 💕: I just want to let you know that I love you so so so so so soooooo SOOOO much and that I'm sorry I have to break our ft streak. Ugh we were doing so good.

Ed Sheeran 😝: I'm glad you're having fun. I love you way more 💖

My Everything 💕: hope you're having fun too

Ed Sheeran 😝: making do

My Everything 💕: that doesn't sound too convincing :( but we'll talk more about it later I really have to go

Ed Sheeran 😝: okay babe, write the most amazing, spectacular research paper

Veronica Lodge: Hey Archiekins ;)

Archie 👅: hey V, what's up?

Veronica Lodge: nothing. Just got out of the shower. Trying to find my favorite bra. It's dark blue with lace and unclips at the front.

Archie 👅: Veronica, I don't think that's necessary information for me to know...

Veronica Lodge: but I think you want to know it 😏

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

Yeah you guys can sound the alarms now.

Okay but what are your opinions on Jackson and then your opinions on Liliana?

Very very important^

I feel like ever since I've started this book it's mostly centered around Jughead and even now it's still that way, but I think maybe after college I'll finally spend time developing Archie