F I F T Y - T W O

Seventeen Years Old ❣︎ July

Jughead has been gone for almost four months now.

Miraculously, he had managed to pass the year with flying colors, because he was always ahead of his work, but the absences made him lose his perfect attendance record.

It honestly looked like Jughead had planned to be this ahead in every class just in case he had to run away, and that's what bugs Archie the most.

Archie hadn't been in school himself since the incident due to a suspension, but that's a different story for a different time.

Most of the rest of that day was a blur for Archie. He vaguely remembers people cheering him on and calling themselves "supporting" him like being liked by Jughead was a disease.

He remembers running to Jughead's house right after school ended to see him, only for FP to tell him that Jughead left and that he wouldn't be here for a while.

He remembers texting Jelly Bean and asking her to tell him if Jughead is safe if he comes to her, after explaining that he knows he messed up.

Jelly Bean never texted back, and I guess you can't really blame her.

He remembers telling Reggie off and fighting him outside over the whole thing, until he got a confession.

And yes, it's on video.

Archie just can't really believe that Reggie stooped that low because he was jealous. What did he expect? For Jughead to come crying into his arms?

Newsflash idiot, Jughead never liked you.

And as much as he wants to blame this whole thing on Reggie, he can't because he's just as much at fault. He could've told everyone to stop talking about Jughead like that. He could have told Jughead he loved him, he could've begged him to stay and apologized for everything. They could have walked out of the school together.

There was so many things Archie could've done to prevent this, but he chose to do nothing and now he's paying for it.

He's been doing nothing for a good four months now. Things just feel off and he doesn't want to do much these days besides stay in bed and mindlessly watch videos of puppies on his laptop.

They'll never be as cute as Jughead though.

No more football because his suspension included being suspended from the team until September, which he thinks is complete garbage. School doesn't even go on during the summer, so how can you forbid him from going to the practices?

At least his dad and him got closer during all of this though, that's probably the only good thing that's happened since Jughead left.

"You have to get up, it's 1 o'clock and you haven't even eaten." Mr. Andrews pouts from outside the redhead's bedroom door.

"Do I have to?" Archie groans before getting out of bed and walking towards the door.

"Yes, I think eating is one of those things necessary for survival. Get dressed and we can go to Pop's."