T H I R T Y - F O U R

Fourteen Years Old ❣︎ September

"Screw that. Live with me." Archie practically yells out, mad at how calm Jughead is about this whole thing.

"You know I'm not going to let you burden yourself with me." Jughead sighed, slipping his bag onto his shoulder.

"Juggy, you're fourteen, you shouldn't be living alone." Archie scoffs, stopping in the middle of the school lobby with his arms crossed.

Archie found out about Jughead's living conditions this morning, and let's just say, he was not happy. He made Jughead spill everything, and Jughead told him everything.

You know, minus the tiny little part where his dad hit him, pushed him, and almost choked him to death.

Jughead had been living in Riverdale's old rundown theater, quickly securing a job there along with a secret place to live. He was surprised he was even hired, being under 15 and all, but he was grateful for the job.

However, it was being closed down and he can't do anything about it so he opted for sneaking into the school and hiding there for a while.

Archie managed to find him though.

"I'm fine, I can handle it."

"No, you're not fine. You've been different ever since school ended. You're distant, you're not as happy, and it shows."

Jughead looks down at the ground, trying to avoid the redhead's gaze. Everything he's saying is true, it's 100% true but he thought that if he acted like everything was fine no one would notice.

He was stupid to think Archie wouldn't catch on eventually.

"Fine I'll come live with you."

"No! I'm not taking a no for ans-" Archie begins, but pauses. "Did you just say yes?"

The raven haired beauty nods and begins walking again, leaving Archie standing dumbfounded in the hallway.

"Okay, something really must be wrong with you." Archie calls out, running to catch up to Jughead again. "Since when does Jughead Jones, not put up a fight."

"Since he's tired."

"No, since he's upset and won't tell his best friend all of what's been going on with him for months now."

"Archie, I'm okay."

"No you're not. You said Archie."