S E V E N T Y - S E V E N

Twenty One Years One ❣︎ July

"That's seven!" Archie yells, pulling on his boyfriend's hand excitedly.

"I know." Jughead sighs happily, looking at the emails with pride. Seven publishers out of the ten he sent to responded and were fascinated with his work. He's called a few of them back, discussed briefly about how the relationship between them worked, and told all of them the same thing; he'll think about it.

He doesn't want to make a hasty and dumb decision. He's smart enough not to get himself into a stupid contract. At the end of the day, his work should be his work and he feels as if some of the publishers are trying to undermine that because he's new to the writing world. As far as Random House goes, there's still no word. Jughead thought that was a bit of a long shot, but a little bit of him has this fantasy that they'll call him up and offer him an offer he can't refuse.

"I can't believe this." Archie smiles happily, flopping on Jughead's bed.

"Believe what exactly?"

"You're going to be so successful, Juggy. You're going to have everything you ever wanted and I get to watch it happen. I get to be right there." He breathes out.

"What's got you so sappy today?" Jughead raises an eyebrow.

"I can't be affectionate?" Archie pouts.

"You want something, don't you?" Jughead squints his eyes.

"I want you to come here and cuddle." Archie laughs.

***

"Can you please get off your phone." Archie whines, trying to get Jughead's attention. Jughead just laughs, swatting his hand away and smiling at something on his phone. "Babe." Archie groans, earning an uninterested noise of recognition in response. "Pay attention to me."

"You're really clingy lately." Jughead laughs, finally taking his attention off of his phone and placing it on his boyfriend's.

"How am I being clingy?" Archie smiles.

"You keep pining for my attention. It's flattering Archibald, but I must say it is a little pathetic." He teases. The two are sitting on Archie's living room couch, Jughead's legs propped up on Archie's lap as usual, a position they've mastered since they were little kids.

"Whatever do you mean?" Archie asks innocently.

Jughead just rolls his eyes and goes back to typing on his phone. "You want something. You've been like this all week." Archie just bites his lip and sighs, too annoyed to spell it out. He takes a deep breath before snatching Jughead's phone out of his hands and locking it, placing it on the small desk next to him.

"Dude, what the FUCK?" Jughead fumes.

"Stop calling me dude, I feel like you're friendzoning me when we've been together for 4 years now." Archie emphasizes, but Jughead still looks at him in the same angry way for taking his phone.

"Okay? Can I have my phone back?" Jughead rolls his eyes.

"You actually forgot." Archie mumbles, looking down at his lap in disbelief.