E I G H T Y - F O U R

Twenty Three Years Old ❣︎ March

"Betty, this is such a bad idea." Archie whispers harshly, trying to turn around and walk out the cafe as Betty only pushes him further inside.

"What's the worse that could happen?" Betty laughs.

"I don't know. I get booed off stage, I fall off stage, I die on stage." Archie starts to ramble.

"I feel like you got that rambling thing from Jughead."

"I probably did." Archie sighs, giving up and allowing Betty to push him all the way inside.

"I know you sing well, Archie. That song you wrote about Jug was beautiful."

"I can't just sing that in public! It's special..." Archie blushes.

"Please? You're not going to get anywhere if you don't start somewhere." Betty points out, stopping in front of the empty stage in the middle of the cafe.

"You told me we were going to do karaoke." Archie rolls his eyes.

"So I might've stretched the truth just a little bit." Betty smiles.

"So this is why you insisted on Juggy not coming with us?"

"Partly. The other half was the fact that you two are always together and you have no friends."

"Ouch."

"You don't even have a job."

"Jughead said I didn't have to get one if I didn't want to." Archie says sheepishly.

"Okay but why would you want to be dependent on him? If you didn't have Jughead you'd have nothing. Isn't that concerning?" Betty tries to say nicely.

"So you're saying Jughead is my sugar daddy?"

"Yeah in a less creepy way."

"Jughead would be the worst sugar daddy." Archie points out.

"Why?"

"Can you honestly imagine him being a sugar daddy?"

"I mean he is daddy material and I wouldn't mind if he gave me some-"

"Are you lusting over my boyfriend right in front of me?" Archie laughs.

"The whole world is obsessing over how hot your boyfriend is, get used to it." Betty rolls her eyes.

"Someone's brutally honest today." Archie mumbles under his breath as they both stare at the empty stage in front of them.

"Just sing the song." Betty rolls her eyes, pushing him onto the stage with a harsh shove. Archie looks out into the small crowd and shyly looks down, grabbing the guitar that was left on the stage for public use.

"Hey, I'm Archie Andrews." He said nervously into the microphone, earning a few hey's and annoyed stares. "I wrote this song about someone very special to me so I guess I'm just going to start singing it." He said awkwardly before strumming the beginning chords of the song and opening his mouth.