F I F T Y - O N E

Trigger Warning where asterisks (***) are and when you see "" play the song.

Seventeen Years Old ❣︎ Match
(Continued)

"You don't have to go to school today." FP suggests as Jughead sulks around the house trying to get ready. He told his dad all of what happened for once. Maybe it's because he wanted actual advice this time.

FP is just happy he's finally opening up a bit.

Although his dad hadn't told him much he already knew, he's happy he told him.

"Yes I do. Three tests today, and I don't feel like making them up later." Jughead yawns before grabbing his messenger back and pulling it over his head.

"Call me if you can't do it today and I'll pick you up, okay?"

"Thanks, but I don't think I'll need it. Love you!" He shouts tiredly before heading out the door quickly.

As Jughead is leaving, Archie is already a few blocks away from school. His dad practically got him up and pushed him out the door so he wouldn't even think about backing out of the plan.

He's not even really sure what to say.

Hey Jughead I've been in love with you since third grade and because of that I ignored you for a whole year, insulted you about being asexual, and lied to you about remembering your confession!

Yeah, that'll go smoothly.

As he nears the school, he decides to start with an apology first and then wing it from there.

What's the worse that can happen?

A lot worse, apparently.

As soon as Archie enters the school, all eyes are on him. It's not the usual way though, this time the eyes are filled with sympathy, pity, and support. Archie just eyes everyone strangely before making his way down the crowded hallway filled with whispers. As he nears his destination, people only seem to get more bold with their whispering and staring, and Archie can't help but to feel anything but confusion until he hears it.

"Poor Archie, that freak Jughead is in love with him and he has to deal with it. He's so nice, I would've freaked out and cursed him out if someone like that told me they're In love with me."

"Exactly, Archie is straight, thank God, and what the fúck even is asexual?"

The redhead visibly pales and stops dead in his tracks.

How could they have known?

Archie eyes widen as he starts to hear noise pick up suddenly by the entrance. He turns around hesitantly to barely make out the top of Jughead's hat, and that's when he decides to do the one thing he promised not to do today.

Run away.

It's probably the only thing Archie thinks he's good at, and it might not be the best option in the situation but it sure feels like it.

Archie hurries down the hallway and slips into the nearest janitor closet, his heart beating wildly and his breathing raggedy and uneven. He's so overwhelmed because he doesn't know what to do, and now the world feels like it's crashing down on his body.