F I F T Y - T H R E E

Trigger Warning: homophobia

Seventeen Years Old ❣︎ September

"Please come back, Juggy!" Archie wines into the phone, still trying to persuade his boyfriend to come back to Riverdale. School starts next week Archie can't go without him. It just wouldn't be the same.

"Arch..." Jughead sighs into the phone while staring down at his hands guiltily.

He likes being away for a reason. A tiny part of him is just little bit scared, is all.

Who is he kidding?

Jughead is terrified.

He doesn't want to go back because it hurts too much. The things they said...

The words they uttered from their judgmental lips are the kinds of things he has nightmares about. The disgusted looks on their faces are the very things that are embedded in his memory, and Jughead isn't sure that he'll be able to hide it like he usually does.

He won't be able to hide how insecure he is.

Everybody saw it, clear as day. It was almost as if the word was written across his forehead that day in the hallway, and it was only solidified by the tears pouring down his face and the hurt in his eyes as everyone just laughed and all he could do in response was cry harder.

He feels pathetic.

He can't go back after that.

"Why don't you want to come back? Is it me?" Archie frowns, tapping on his desk softly.

"No, gosh no, why would you even think that?"

"Because that's the only thing I can think of. You're literally afraid of nothing I can't see it being anything else."

That's what you think.

"It's not you."

"If you say what I think you're about to-"

"It's me." Jughead smiles into the phone.

"I'm breaking up with you." Archie laughs playfully, causing Jughead to smile harder on the other end.

He misses his laugh. It's adorable and kind, and he swears the sun literally comes out of hiding when his laugh echoes into the air.

"I miss you a lot." Jughead sighs into the phone.

"I love you a lot." Archie blushes, looking down at his desk with a shy grin.

Although he's basically said that phrase to the raven haired beauty his whole life, it's different now. It's so different, and it means so much more.

"I love you too baby, I have to go okay?"

"O-okay." Archie replies in a flustered manner, his face even more red at the name he used.

Baby.

He called me baby.

"Was that corny? I'm sorry it slipped I won't do it again." Jughead begins shyly, his face burning up as well.