F O R T Y - T H R E E

Fifteen Years Old ❣︎ February

They're distant.

Not just Jughead and Reggie, but Jughead and Archie as well.

In the course of two months, everything just decided to fall apart, and Jughead doesn't know how to feel because everything was going so great just a while ago.

How did things end up like this?

Jughead grew pretty fond of Reggie overtime, even if wasn't the romantic way Reggie had wanted. Them not talking, and them not throwing constant insults to each other and goofing around feels so incredibly off. It's like a piece of himself was ripped away from him.

He lost a friend.

He can't say he doesn't understand why Reggie has practically been ignoring him. He confessed his feelings for him and is clearly struggling with himself being gay, but Jughead didn't offer anything but understanding.

He doesn't care, he just wants to help.

Archie on the other hand, is a mystery to him.

As soon as Archie and Val got more serious, Archie made sure to talk to Jughead less and less. It's not even like Archie blows him off for Val, he just blows him off period. They live in the same house, but barely say two words to each other and Jughead just wants to know what he did wrong.

It's like no one wants anything to do with him again.

He's getting into that same mindset he was in after everything that went down with his dad, and it shows. It's fairly obvious, but nobody around him seems to care.

Why don't they care?

Jughead sighs at the ceiling before taking a chance.

"Hey Arch?"

"Yeah Jughead? It's like midnight."

"Sorry to bother you." He mumbles dejectedly.

He called him Jughead.

"What is it?"

"I think I'm going to move back in with my dad, okay?"

"Is that it?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Jughead whispers back while staring at his hands sadly.

In Archie's bed, the redhead is biting his lip to stop himself from shooting up out of the bed and pleading and begging for Jughead to stay.

It's his fault he's leaving though.

Jughead doesn't want to leave, but he will because he feels like a nuisance, and the redhead only reinforces that.

Archie just can't do it anymore though.

He can't be around Jughead for too long or have conversations with him for too long because then his heart starts to speed up and his legs start to shake and his eyes start to light up and he just-