T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Twelve Years Old❣︎ December

"What do you think Betty would want for Christmas?"

"I don't know she's your girlfriend." Archie scoffs, completely and utterly annoyed with the raven haired boy.

"True." Jughead giggles, too happy to even detect the scarlet hues prevalent attitude.

Dating Betty Cooper isn't so bad. Jughead actually likes the blonde hue a lot, much to Archie's dismay. Betty's name comes out of Jughead's mouth like word vomit, and it's sickening. Betty has him wrapped around her perfectly manicured fingers.

"Why are you so happy?" Archie rolls his eyes, stuffing his hands in his pockets as the two walk home from school, headed towards the redhead's house.

"I don't know to be honest. I just really like Betty a lot, and when I see her I can't help but to feel happy, if that makes sense." Jughead rambles shyly, a blush spreading across his face as he stares at the ground.

Archie frowns, eyes casting down towards the ground as well.

He knows the feeling.

"That's sweet." Archie replies, faking support.

"Sorry, I know I must get really annoying talking about her all the time."

"Yeah, pretty much. But it's okay."

"Good, because there's video games at your house that I'm ready to kick your butt at, and if I remember correctly, a tub of ice cream, so let's go!" Jughead laughs before grabbing the scarlet hue's hand and pulling him along through the gelid winter air.

***

"What's wrong babe?" The blonde hue asks sadly, who is resting her head on the raven haired boy's shoulder.

Archie gags in his mouth.

"Nothing, just not excited for Christmas."

"Why?"

Ha Betty, some girlfriend you are. He just doesn't want to spend Christmas without his sister and his mom. Guess you're not special enough to know that.

"Family stuff, that's all."

"You can tell me anything you know? When you're ready, of course." Betty reassures, squeezing his hand in comfort.

"I know." Jughead smiles before leaning in and pecking Betty gently on the lips.

Archie throws up in his mouth.

"Oh hey look! It's me Archie? Remember me?" The redhead almost yells, causing everyone at Pop's to eye him curiously, and for the bumble bee hued couple to blush.

"Sorry Arch." Jughead apologizes sheepishly as Betty smiles brightly.

"I have to go anyways, I'll see you two later." Betty waves goodbye before hopping out of the booth and disappearing outside the diner.

"So what's really wrong?" The scarlet hue questions, finally happy to have the darker hue all to himself.

The way it's supposed to be.

"Christmas isn't going to be the same as it usually is. I mean, for the last couple of years it hasn't been great but at least we were still all together. Jelly Bean told me they just found a small apartment that my mom's able to afford, which is good. I'm happy they're safe but I also want to be with them. And I don't know why, but my mom refuses to talk to me. If I call she'll immediately pass the phone to Jelly Bean and not say a word. Did I even do the right thing, Arch? Maybe if I would've gotten home earlier that day or maybe if I... who am I kidding? Nothing would've changed the outcome." Jughead sighs, twirling the straw in his milkshake, which he hasn't even touched.

"Things would've been a lot worse if you hadn't did what you did. And moms are just weird I guess. One minute they say they love you and then poof!"

The last part causes Jughead to giggle, which makes Archie's heart swim laps at the sound.

"Can I come over for Christmas?" Jughead asks shyly.

"Why don't you ask your girlfriend?"

"Is someone jealous?"

Archie eyes widen, and a blush spreads across his face.

"N-no not j-jealous."

Jughead just laughs and shakes his head.

"You're so jealous."

"Shut up."

"You know I'm coming over for Christmas anyways?"

"Yeah, I figured so."

🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾🌾

I promise you, I make up for the lack of jarchie in 8th grade. I got you.

Surprise update because I want to get bughead out of the way so you guys can be happy. But real talk for a second: can someone please tell me why everyone hates Bughead so much 😂

I'm personally indifferent about it. I don't ship it, but I think it's cute. They care about each other a lot, and they're always there for each other. There's nothing toxic about them, and they were a little rushed but so what? They love each other. I could understand the hate if they were toxic or just always back stabbed each other or something but they're literally just cute. Nothing more nothing less tbh. (In the show not this books omg)

But I actually do wanna know why the strong hate.

If it's because y'all are jarchie over bughead then okay. I want them endgame as much as everyone else trust me 😂 but realistically the cw is known for straightwashing and the fact that they couldn't even make Jughead ace! Tells me that they aren't going to settle for Archie and Jughead dating either. But I still hope for it and ship it as hard as I possibly can and look at fan art everyday lmfao.

And here's an unpopular opinion that's not so unpopular anymore: I can't stand Veronica. I can't like her, I don't, maybe when the second season airs I'll change my mind but I can't with her I seriously just don't like her. I'm still deciding if I want to put her in this book because I'm afraid that if I put her in here I'll just make her do some fúcked up stuff out of spite.

I also don't like varchie or barchie just because it's obvious Archie doesn't know who or what he wants. He thinks he has feelings for a teacher, let's down Betty, kisses Veronica, kisses Val, then all of a sudden Betty is happy with Jughead and Archie wants to pull some "you know I always thought that we would be good together" bs. No Archie, I love you, but sit down. Don't get in a relationship until your hormones are stable.

Unless it's with Jughead.