S E V E N T Y

Nineteen Years Old ❣︎ December

"You know I love your friends babe, but I didn't know I had to spend Christmas with them too." Archie sighs, crossing his arms over his chest with a pout.

"It's only for a week, baby." Jughead promises, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel to the rhythm of some song he can't remember the words to.

"Tell me again why he has to stay with us in the first place?"

"Because he's stupid." Jughead laughs, switching lanes to go around a green station wagon that clearly has no idea where it's going.

"Did you have to cut off that car?"

"It was going too slow."

"It was going the speed limit."

"Who does the speed limit anymore?"

"Damn New Yorkers, I'll tell ya. Spend a little more than a year in the city and they corrupt you." Archie shakes his head with a playful smile. Jughead nudges him playfully with a bright smile on his face.

"I really love the city. If I never had to come back to Riverdale I probably wouldn't." He admits.

"Well, maybe we can move here after college." Archie says thoughtfully, imagining them living together in an apartment in New York City. He has to admit, it does sound pretty ¢øøł.

"Really?!" Jughead practically yells, accidentally slamming his hand down on the horn.

"If that's what you want, maybe we can make it happen."

"I'm holding this against you if it doesn't happen."

"Hey! I never promised!"

"Still." Jughead smirked before drawing his attention back onto the road.

"I'm still upset about Jackson staying with us." Archie reminds him, mentally rolling his eyes at the pain he's going to be.

"One, technically it's my place he's staying at. Two, he's like my best friend and I'm not going to leave him stranded at an airport because his dumbass got the day mixed up for his flight. Three, yes I get that you're jealous but you can calm down a little bit."

"Ugh. Winter break is our time. I need my Juggy time, he gets to have you all year."

"Arch, he's only staying for a week."

"That's 525,600 minutes I don't get to have you to myself."

Jughead looks at him strange for a few minutes. "Baby, that's a year." He laughs loudly, making Archie roll his eyes.

"Then how many minutes are in a week? huh smartass?"

"10,080 minutes." Jughead answers without hesitation.

"Hmph." Archie grumbles, sinking into his seat.

"Stop being a brat." Jughead laughs.