Prologue

In the evening of a sun-kissed hospital room, a baby girl was born, named [Name] [Surname]. She was cute, and was held in her young mothers arms as she slowly began to die from blood loss. At eighteen, she and her husband were married for only a few months before finding she was pregnant. The baby's cries were slowly being silenced as she drifted to sleep by her mother's weak rocking back and forth. The girl's teen father bursts through the door, his eyes bloodshot red, as he was finally able to get past the nurses who didn't allow him inside earlier. He embraced both the baby and his wife in a warm hug and in sobs of joy. Minutes later, she passes away, after handing the child to him.

A year after her passing,[Name]'s father decides to move to Japan, where a friend awaits his arrival, in order to help take care of the child. Her father is still emotionally unstable, but vows to give the young her the best life in the world and thinks to move to Japan's countryside, rather than the city, reminding him too much of a life short-lived. While packing, he remembers what he and his wife left for the girl as memories of them: a katana blade from her father, and a jade necklace and a kimono from her mother.

Four years pass, leisurely, and warmly.

[Name] is now 5. She is helping her father with dinner in the small village they have lived in for the past few years. As the sun sets over the grasslands, the smiles at the sight of her friends playing outside, knowing that after this she can go and join them. 

Yet, suddenly, the peace and quiet of the world is drenched in a bloodcurdling scream. [Name] and her father both look outside to see a vast populous of masked warriors murdering villagers viciously. [Name] and her father panic, flying into motions of escaping, knowing why the shadows have come; unknown to the villagers who fight back against the warriors as best they can, but to no avail.

[Name]'s father carefully places a bag in her arms, the butt end of the katana sticking out from the side. He then yells at the small, tear ridden girl, telling her to run and hide.

His last words, "Promise me [Name] [Surname], that you will give yourself a future."

She nods, not entirely sure of his words as tears continued run down her small cheeks. He gave her one last hug before letting her set off. Just as he isn't able to see her small figure anymore, the masked men step in front of him.

Hours later, [Name] comes back to her now broken and bloody village. Her vision is blurry, eyes tired from crying, and head pounding in confusion, tandem with her heartbeat. The village has been set ablaze and so many have died... Her father and his friend are nowhere to be seen; neither are her friends. She hears screams and turns to see a large heap of wood burning. Survivors yelp in terror as they are lined up and tied, yet [Name] cannot bear to keep looking upon them as she turns away, attempting to cover her ears.

A small boy with jet black hair and eyes makes his way to her then: Ryuushin Takahara. He is a shinobi- a ninja- and is the same age as her, wandering a broken battlefield after smelling the smoke. However behind his dark shaded eyes is a maturity, one that came witnessing death at the age of two. Curiosity spiked by the girl's belongings and her own appearance, he takes her hand, gently guiding her to his home--her new home--at the shinobi syndicate.

After all, she too, was now an orphan.

For the next eleven years, [Name] is trained to be an assassin at this home. She has never crossed paths with her father's murderers yet, but promises to herself that they'll die by her hand. Her exhaustion within learning the skills that came with this life has trained her mentally and physically to become one of the shadows that came to her village that evening. Her rough exterior has brought her to be independent, and along her side has been Ryuushin. He'll always be there because friends are forever.