Chapter 5

Both you and Tifa came home to a silent house. She gave you some of her old clothes which you neatly stacked into your dresser. You then unpacked what little you had, hiding your katana beneath your bed, and went to shower. You skipped down the stairs in a pair of dark blue pajamas and shirt when Tifa had called for dinner. You took a seat at the empty dinner table, watching as Tifa pulled something out of the oven. Coming into the kitchen was the spikey haired blonde who had found you last night, Cloud. He made his way to the fridge and poked his head in, pulling out a soda.

"Tifa, Auron said that the girl from last night joined his dojo today and she beat up Angeal," he smirked at the fact.

You cleared your throat," Ahem, Cloud, that girl just happened to be me," you raised your hand with a cocky smile plastered onto your face.

His eyes widened, but then slowly retracted to their normal size. "You sure can fight for someone who was half dead nearly 24 hours ago," he noted.

You crossed your arms and looked down," You can only imagine what I've been through to be like that," you muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing!," you forced a smile on your face. He shook his head and turned back to Tifa, helping her with something.

You sat there thinking. How were you going to explain this to everyone? Did they even know your Earth existed? Most of all, did you even want to go back? You shook your head. 'No,' you thought,' it's better here. I think- I know that I'll be safe and besides, it's a chance for another beginning.... But should I tell them what really happened to me? All those people I assisted in killing others on group assassinations... My first and final mission.'

"[Name]? Hey, [Name]?," Tifa asked. She and Cloud were looking at you with concern.

Your head snapped up to them. "Yeah? Need help guys?," you bit your lip, embarrassed.

They exchanged looks. "How did you get here?," Cloud asked.

"Well I...," you sighed," I don't know. First thing, I was on Earth, and it was a normal day. Next thing I know, I wake up here, all bloody."

"With a sword?," he raised an eyebrow.

You nodded," Yeah, it's my father's. I was moving things around in my room when it happened."

"Was there anything you had that you don't anymore?," Tifa asked setting food on the table.

"My mother's jade necklace..."

They both nodded, but Tifa continued," Well, we'll go to Auron tomorrow. Maybe he can find a portal so you can go home."

"Or we can ask a teleporter who can jump worlds," Cloud added.

Your eyes began to sting, thinking of the syndicate, but you held the tears back, clenching your fists in anger and gritting your teeth," Do I have to go back home?"

Tifa frowned and crouched down next to where you were sitting. She held your clenched hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze. She shook her head," [Name], you don't have to go back if you don't want to. But I'm sure everyone you know will miss you, won't they? Like your parents or your friends."

You shook your head, and bit your lip, hard. "They're dead. All of them."

Tifa's face crossed with pain and Cloud frowned. "All of them? How?," she asked.

You sniffed, but swallowed up your pain and sat up straight. "My mother died giving birth to me. My father and friends were murdered by some bandits when I was 5. I escaped before they could get to me and I've been alone since. But it doesn't matter, everyone dies," you replied coolly.