Chapter 40

Uragirimono!” you yelled, and lunged at the teen, punching him straight in the face.

The ravenette fell on his back and groaned, clutching at his face- the others gasping in shock. However, that didn’t stop you, and you roughly grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him up. He looked a bit dizzy, his nose bleeding profusely, as you punched him in the face again, knowing all too well that there was now a ring around his left eye. He stumbled back and you grabbed his hair, dragging his body in an unwilling direction as you turned and kneed him in the gut. With the air sucked out of him, you kicked the floor in a circular motion- causing him to fall- and kicked him in the same spot once more before getting on top of him and raining punch after punch furiously.

“Leon, Angeal, grab her,” Auron ordered,” Kazuki help him up.”

The grasp the two brunettes had on either of your arms were like steel as they easily picked you off the male. No matter how hard you tried to slip out, it was useless. This only infuriated you further as your eyes shifted to the deadly silver color. “Lemme go!!” you growled, struggling harder.

“[NAME]!! STOP!!” Auron roared. But you didn’t listen to him and only had the grasp on you tighten as Kazuki helped the teen inside the dojo- Auron going along with them.

When the two finally felt you had calmed, they released you, and you leaned against the elevated platform with your elbows propped up on it, your face in your hands. Leon and Angeal decided to give you time to cool off and left to go inside to check up on how everything had been going. ‘It was him,’ you thought, huffing. ‘I can’t be mistaken about that- it was him.’ Then, the thing you hated most decided to occur.

The horrid pains of Geostigma sparked within your chest and you immediately got on your knees- surprised at how concentrated it was this time. Clutching at your chest, memories flashed before your eyes at an alarming rate and you were beginning to get dizzy. ‘Concentrate the energy, calm down and ignore the pain,’ Kero’s words echoed in your mind. However, no matter how hard you tried, you just weren’t able to manipulate the hold it had over you. Flash—

“Rei!” you screamed, but he was unresponsive. His body was limp in your lap.

“Leave the traitor,” Ryuushin mumbled,” He influenced you… I’m the only one to protect you,” he took you by the hand, but you punched him.

“Leave me! You had him killed!” you yelled, tears falling down your cheeks.

“SO!?” Ryuushin snapped,” Don’t tell me you actually loved this bastard?” You didn’t answer as you looked at Rei’s lifeless body. “Che,” he waved you off,” You know better than to trust someone like the prettyboy. Get her, but don’t kill her,” he muttered and disappeared within a puff of smoke. Three shinobi surrounded you before you blacked out, waking up in your room again only 2 days later. Flash—

Your vision began to return to its normal state and you found yourself being blinded by the sun’s rays. Looking down into your eyes worriedly was none other than your ‘older brother’- Cloud. When trying to sit up yourself, you found your body was too weak, so Cloud stood first, before pulling you up into his arms and onto the wooden platform where he gently laid you down. It was quiet for a few moments until you finally had enough strength to sit up on your own. You sighed and swung your legs over so they dangled over the edge.

“Why are you here Cloud?” you asked, breaking the silence.

“I came to pick up Denzel… [Name],” Cloud turned to you,” Are you alright?”

“I’m… I’m fine Cloud,” you answered with another sigh.

“The Geostigma… It’s getting worse huh?”