Chapter 28

‘Almost the weekend,’ you thought as you pulled your hair back into a pony tail. You grabbed your backpack and went down the stairs into the kitchen, where everyone was eating their respective meal choices. Snatching a yogurt and one of Natsu’s chocolate chip granola bars, you sat on the countertop beside Raizo who had just began eating a plate of solely bacon.

“Why aren’t you two eating a normal breakfast?” Fai frowned,” You need to keep up your energy.”

“I don’t think they wanna throw up during first period P.E.,” Tori answered, placing his dishes in the sink.

The walk to school had now become routine as you chatted with Fuu and Rika along the way. When splitting with each other towards the first class, you strolled to the locker rooms with Raizo and Sora, having Roxas join along the way. Waiting for the bell to ring, the four of you sat outside the gym chatting away at general things.

Once you finished dressing, you slammed your locker shut and headed out towards the gym. Not many people had finished changing yet, and you examined the room for someone you’d know, until your eyes settled upon a certain ravenette leaning against the wall with crossed arms, seeming to be in deep thought.

“Heya Noctis,” you greeted with a smile.

“Hm?” he glanced at you before smiling,” Guess we have this P.E. period together too.”

“I guess so,” you nodded and leaned beside him,” So what’s up?”

“Nothing much really-”

“He’s lying!” Noel chirped marching up to the two of you with a grin,” It’s almost his birthday, and his mommy is giving him love problems.”

Noctis shot him a glare,” Kreiss, you and your big mouth.”

“Yet, you still love me,” Noel grinned.

“It’s true then,” you giggled,” Judging by your reaction, Noctis, he’s not lying.”

Noctis eyed you before sighing,” My birthday is on Saturday-”

“Happy birthday!” you both chirped, then snickered as he continued.

“And I’m having a party at my house. Since I’m still a prince of the Caelum dynasty, I have my duties to fulfill as well- like the first dance being with a girl I truly admire. However, my mother is pushing me to have it with either one of the LeBlanc girls, or Stella, being that she wants someone with high social standing,” he finished with a distorted expression,” I need to send whatever girl I pick a dress for her to wear- it’s more excruciating than doing the invites.”

“I can’t say I know how you feel,” you frowned, then smiled,” But good luck!”

“Thank you,” he nodded.

“[Nickname]-chan~? Where are you~?”

“Raizo, over here!” you waved him over.

“Hey Noct, Noel,” Raizo grinned as he approached.

“Ready for Saturday?” Noel asked.

“You bet! Me and the guys got the invites after school yesterday,” he nodded.

“Did you get the one for Dante’s brother?” Noctis asked.

“Vergie’s? Yeah, we did.”

“Wonder if he’s done packing all their crap,” Noel hummed.

“Most likely, he is the responsible one,” Raizo paused, noticing your pouting face,” What’s wrong with you?”

“I didn’t get an invite,” you whined, crossing your arms.