Chapter 83

Once your little chat with [B.O.C] came to a close, you headed downstairs where you saw Akinori slowly shuffle away from a conversation with Wasurete and Akito—Wasurete holding a disappointed look whereas Akito held a victorious smirk. Approaching the two boys, you curiously kept your gaze on your kudan who made his way into the hall that led to the various other rooms of the house.

“What’s wrong with Akinori?” you inquired.

“[Name]-hime,” Akito bowed. “I apologize on my brother’s behalf. He’s being rather… difficult at the moment.”

“About?”

“Puberty,” Wasurete shook his head, leaving for the same hall the dragon went through, Akito bowed before following his holder.

“[Name], are you ready?” Lucis asked, appearing behind you; you nodded. “Allow me to show you to the pool then.”

You and Lucis didn’t get further than the entrance to the hall until a shrill scream echoed faintly throughout the house. Turning away from the king, you ran towards the source, another scream piercing through once again. It came from the room the Fleuret sisters shared, and without a second thought, you kicked it open, revealing Stella crouched over her sister who was sweating profusely. Genevieve was on the blonde’s other side, each girl squeezing Jihl’s hand for support.

“What’s happening to her!?” you asked, approaching the bed.

“I-I don’t know!” Stella stammered, wiping sweat off of her sister’s forehead. “She’s been in a fever since the first day we got here!”

“Get away from her!” Genevieve hissed, but you pushed her off to the side, hovering over Jihl.

“What’s wrong Jihl?” you pressed your fingers to her neck, feeling the pulsating beat of her heart—fast paced, and panicking.

“M-My stomach!” she groaned in pain. “It hurts so much I—,” a bloodcurdling scream stopped her mid-sentence, and you pulled the blanket off of her, gasping when seeing the profuse amount of blood covering the bottom half of the bed.

“B-B-Balthier!” you called, running towards the top of the stairs.

The blonde male and Aerith were talking, coming out from the kitchen entrance, surprised when seeing your terrified face,” Sweetheart, what’s wrong?”

“Jihl! I think she’s having a miscarriage!”

“WHAT!?”

The two followed you upstairs and down the hall, where you, Stella, and Genevieve were escorted out of the room. The screaming lasted for the next few moments until Balthier came out once again, shaking his head.

“We need to get her to a real hospital. There’s no way of saying whether or not the baby is alright. She’s lost so much blood as well, and healing won’t help at all in this situation,” Balthier informed.

“How do you expect us to—”

“I’ll take her,” you spoke. “What hospital, where?”

“[Name],” Balthier was as equally shocked as the speechless Genevieve and Stella,” are you sure? After all, this woman did try to have you killed.”

“But it’s my fault she can’t have proper medical attention, so yes,” you nodded. “Where do I take her?”

“Cocoon,” he sighed. “And you don’t have much time to—”

“[Name], I’ll take her,” Isamu stated, coming up the stairs with Zell.

“I can watch over her until this is all over,” Zell nodded. “If we can get out, the shinobi can too. So it wouldn’t hurt to take a few extra precautions.”