Chapter 85

It was only a few hours later when you woke up. Indeed the next day, the sun still hadn’t risen. Slowly you sat straight, running a hand through your hair and allowing yourself to yawn as you got out of bed and shuffled towards the exit—nothing but the sweet sound of silence and crickets piercing the night.

Reaching downstairs, you went straight towards the backyard as quietly as you could, sitting yourself on the porch steps to watch the ashy haired teen practice—swinging his duel katanas around so fast it cut through the air with a whizzing sound. Taking notice of you he twirled them between his fingers before calling them back, hair drenched in sweat, as well as his body, making the dark purple shirt he wore almost a uniformed blue or black color. He plopped down beside you and sighed, scooting away the slightest inch.

“Mad at me Mr. Kiryu?” you frowned.

“Not at all,” Zero shook his head. “I just smell…bad.”

“Like I care,” you snorted. “Besides, I don’t smell anything.”

“Then on another issue, I’d like to thank you.”

“For?”

“Not including me in training with everyone else. You know my patience is thin. I couldn’t handle being friendly to most of them.”

“In all honesty, I really wanted you to teach them something—something along the lines of tactic #05 since you’re really good at it. Kurogane and Fai though, and I agree with them, said that once a shinobi learns to train by themselves—”

“They can’t train with others and still be successful,” the teen finished. “I know, my uncle used to say the same thing.”

“You have an uncle?” you looked towards him, surprised.

He nodded slowly,” He’s in Okinawa. My parents left me with him so they could get back on their feet from losing their jobs. We got separated on a trip to Tokyo when he was on vacation, and that’s when I met Yoshihara. He actually found me on the streets— you know the rest.”

“You never told me about it though…”

“I didn’t mean to hide anything. I just don’t think it’s that relevant. In all honesty, my life didn’t have meaning until I met you. It was by your hand that I got the extra training for—are you laughing?” Zero cocked an eyebrow.

“No~,” you shook your head, however with your voice cracking at the end, you burst into laughter. “Okay I’m sorry! It’s just that… you’re so cheesy! ‘My life didn’t have meaning until I met you’? I mean… that’s a pick up line guys use for girls to fall head over heels for them!”

“Well then, guess my true words could get me a girl then,” he smirked. “So what are you waiting for?”

“Eh?”

The ashy haired teen held his arms out,” Fall for me already. I’ve waited long enough.”

“Can’t,” you stuck your tongue out, standing up,” you smell.”

“Glad to hear it,” he chuckled. “By the way, did I miss something? You look absolutely stunning.”

“I visited my parents in the Farplane,” you sighed.

“Even though they’re reflections, I’m sure they appreciated you took into consideration the time to dress up,” the snowy haired teen smiled, making a small one spread across yours as well. “…I’ll shower and get some rest then. When are we invading?”