Chapter 30

It was late afternoon when you stirred. Fai had woken you up for breakfast and lunch, but each time after, you found yourself falling asleep somewhere else in the house when you were in a conversation with someone. Your day hadn't even begun and you were tired, but it was only because you had trouble falling asleep last night, afraid of reliving another nightmare. Eventually you did, at who knows when, by passing out after numerous online games.

Yawning, you sat up and stretched, finding yourself on the couch. The music echoing from the downstairs hall is what had awoken you and you decided to go check it out. As you passed by the kitchen entryway, you caught a glimpse of Kurogane and Fai chatting over tea.

The melody was loudest coming from a side room in the hall. Without hesitation, you slid open the door and gaped when seeing that it was a dance room. There were mirrors occupying all the walls except one, where there were benches and a surround sound system in which music was blasting. Nero sat on a stool behind it, holding one side of a headphone to his ear, adjusting the beat. Once it had reached his desired tone, he stopped the music. This made you notice that he and the other guys were wearing a muscle shirt and basketball shorts- all of them sweating.

"Okay, Hiro, come here," Nero called.

Hiro ran up to him with a grin and sat on the stool behind the speakers," Which one do I press?"

"This one," he pointed," then I need you to hit this twice and switch to this," Nero instructed, then walked over to where the guys were taking stance," Okay DJ, hit it!"

The music blared at an upbeat tone and the guys moved in sync with it. The Sparda brothers took the front, until Dante and Vergil switched spots with Raizo and Kazuki. Moments later, Noa switched with Nero and came into the middle spot. Natsu then switched with Kazuki and they all crouched as Isamu flipped to the center. The others split evenly on either sides of him and they all danced in sync again, each movement fluidly following the next.

Hiro saw you watching and stopped the music," Suteki!" he jumped down from his seat and hugged around your waist," Did you see, did you see? They're really good huh?" he grinned.

You giggled and nodded," They're great, I can't wait to see the rest. Are you guys preforming?"

Raizo grinned," Yup! We're gonna be a hit! I think we should change up the order a bit though," he hummed.

"You haven't even seen the best part yet babe," Dante flicked his hair," We take off our shirts in the middle."

"Idiot," Vergil hit the back of Dante's head," Have some decency."

"Wait, did you say you'll be able to see the rest?" Isamu asked, taking a sip of Gatorade.

"Did you get an invite!?" Noa asked, with hopeful eyes.

"Well... I-"

"Boys!" Fai called opening the door," Oh, heya [Nickname]-chan," he smiled," Time to get ready! Hour and a half till we leave, that's 5:00! We'll be walking too," he said and left.

"[Name]!" someone yelled from the stairs.

"I'll explain later," you smiled and ran out.

Rika was standing at the top of the staircase, wearing a shirt and sweats, but her hair was dripping wet. "[Nickname], can you help me with my makeup a bit please?" she asked.

You stopped short as you reached the top," Um... Riki, I don't know... I... err... I don't know how to put on anything other than eyeliner," you half smiled.

"What?" she frowned," Man, I just wanted to see how I'd-"

"Oh my god, Rika, I wanna help!" Natsu grinned, coming up the stairs.