Chapter 51

“You serious!? Braska forced her to SAD?” Noel chuckled as he and the team waited behind the door leading to the sphere pool. “Man, he must have been pissed. Zaon leave too?”

“What do you think?” Tidus rolled his eyes. “I’m glad he’s letting Yuna stay though.”

“I can’t believe it,” Jecht shook his head sadly,” She was such a sweet little girl.”

“Sweet girls turn into—”

“Ahem, so where’s [Name]?” Vincent cut off Vaan from continuing.

“Damn, my center’s still changing?” Jecht groaned.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Tidus- star player of the Zanarkand Abes,” a ponytailed redhead smirked, the entire team turning their attention to the group that had approached.

“Bickson,” Tidus kept a blank expression, crossing his arms. “Good to see you again.”

“My, aren’t we serious?” Bickson chuckled, his eyes scanning the team. “Oh? Looks like you’re missing someone to warm the bench. Or is your father going to do that for you?”

“Hey!” Maqui pointed a finger at him,” One more word outta your mouth and I’ll—”

“You guys~!!” you called, running up to them while slipping your gloves on.

“Thank goodness,” Noctis sighed.

“Kid, where were you?” Jecht asked as you huffed, reaching them.

“I got… held up… at the front desk… cuz… they didn’t know… I was on the team,” you breathed out.

“Geez,” Jecht rolled his eyes.

“Just who might you be?” asked a muscular blonde female, who puffed her chest, making her size intimidating over yours.

“I’m [Name]!” you chirped with a smile, unfazed by her size. The boys snickered, having the other team look at you in question.

“She’s our star player,” Noel sneered with a grin.

“Really her?” Bickson walked around you with crossed arms. “She’s just as wimpy as the rest of you. Where’s your muscle girl?”

You didn’t like the atmosphere emitting from him, so before you even thought, your mouth had already began answering,” You’ll feel my muscle when you get whacked in the nuts with that blitzball!”

“Excuse me!?” the blonde took a threatening step towards you. “What did you say to him!?”

“You heard me!” you glared, eyes locking with hers. “Nobody messes with my blitz team! Get ready to lose!”

“Whatever scar face,” she sneered.

“Hey!”

“Don’t worry [Name],” Yuj threw an arm around your shoulders with a grin,” She’s just jealous cuz you’re not wired on steroids.”

“Steroids!?”

“Doram,” Bickson shook his head. “See ya later dweebs, the game’s about to start,” he waved you all off, leaving with his team. “The Luca Goers always win.”

“Who’re they?” you asked, touching the stitches on your cheek.

“Luca Goers,” Tidus sneered their name. “Don’t worry though, they’re too arrogant. Just avoid their tackles and you’ll be fine. For them, it’s all about offense.”

“Right,” you nodded.

“C’mon,” Jecht walked through the door,” The game really is gonna start.”