Chapter 44

“I thought it would be a good idea to make cake today,” Tifa smiled at the class. “But,” she quickly continued, stopping everyone in mid cheer,” Since somebody’s food from last week gave one of the teachers food poisoning, we won’t.”

“What?” Kazuki frowned,” Who was it?”

“Which group made the cherry jello?”

“We did!” Sora chirped. You turned around in surprise seeing him with Kairi and Stella. He seemed unusually happy being that he was sitting next to his ex, but then again, Sora was always bubbly.

“Well you guys gave Vexen food poisoning. Honestly, I don’t know why only he got it. I told him there was something off with the color,” Tifa shook her head. “Anyway, we’ll be doing some sewing instead,” she smiled once again,” So someone in the group, come get the supplies.”

“I’ll go,” Kazuki stood.

“How are you feeling?” Cid asked quietly.

“You knew I had Geostigma?” you raised an eyebrow.

“Me and my brother both,” he nodded. “But we were told you got cured.”

“Yup,” you smiled,” In case we ever have to fight, I won’t be holding back.”

“Right,” Cid smiled,” I’ll do the same.”

“What’s your power anyways?”

“Manifestation,” he held a hand out and a sparkling blue outline flashed, becoming a cupcake.

“That’s SO cool,” you gushed. “Is it edible?”

“Of course.”

“….Can I eat it?”

“Certainly,” he held it out to you with a chuckle.

Cid walked with you to astronomy once home economics ended. Today, the desks were arranged to make groups of 5. Yours included Tidus, Cid, Hope, and Paine. Xigbar had everyone go over answers in the packet with each of their groups and once the period was over, they were to be turned in.

“Man~,” Tidus stretched and leaned back in his chair. “I’m gonna miss going on the missions.”

“Too much to handle?” Paine smirked.

“Hah! No way!” Tidus grinned and waved her off,” I’m gonna try for the blitz team!”

“Aren’t you already captaining because of your father?” Cid asked, writing something down.

“Hmm, yeah,” he shrugged. “But my brother’s gonna try out and I’m kinda a judge. You guys should too! I’ll give in a good word for ya.”

“Wouldn’t you be risking the fate of the team of you got bad players?” you raised an eyebrow.

“Not really. My old man has the final say.”

“Blitz is really…. Painful isn’t it?” Hope asked with an unsure face.

“Well, you gotta get used to it,” Tidus shrugged. “Y’know, man up! That’s why a lot of girls in the sport have muscles. It’s great they wanna play and all, but they’re as big as Angeal,” he shuddered.

“When are the try outs?” you asked, packing up your things, seeing that the bell was a minute or two from ringing.

“Saturday,” Paine answered. “Are you gonna try out?”

“No,” Hope, Tidus, and Cid said at once.

“Hey, hey,” you frowned,” She was asking me! Besides I was just gonna tell Raizo about it.”