Chapter 69

“You should leave,” Akinori stated, watching as the man pointed a finger at you.

“Leave?” Noctis chuckled darkly. “Leave? LEAVE!?” he glared, the pieces of rubble off to the side exploding into nothing but small rocks from his fury. “What are you- INSANE!? I’m not leaving until I know she’s alright!”

“You have my word [Name] will awaken. The reason why you cannot see her is simple- she is not here physically but mentally. Only her soul is present, her body lies at home, resting. If you care about her in any way, you’d give her fewer things to worry about and return—return and patiently wait.”

“He’s right,” Isamu nodded, wiping his eyes. “There’s nothing we can do but yell.”

“If she doesn’t come back, I swear I will do everything I can to tear you to shreds,” Roxas growled, the others looking at him in complete shock.

“Remember, you gave us your word,” Isamu reminded the dragon, waving his arm to the side, having a ripple appear- the three teens jumping through it and disappearing.

***

“What do you mean?” you eyed him curiously.

“Nothing,” he murmured, turning to the woman and giving her a sad smile. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t recognize her myself.”

“Don’t be silly,” she shook her head walking up to you and smiled softly, resting hands on your shoulders. “Are you alright? He didn’t hurt you to bad did he?”

It took you a moment before you realized that her hands were glowing a pale blue color, the various cuts on your body being healed- your knuckles no longer aching, the only clue of pain being there was the blood residue. You shook your head,” I’ve had worse.”

Akinori reappeared and bowed,” Hime, they have left.” He snatched you from the woman’s delicate hands and stood in front of you protectively,” We should as well.”

“Not so fast,” the man burst into a puff of smoke and appeared behind you, taking your wrist, and jerking you towards him. “We need to speak with [Name].”

The teen stiffened,” If you feel—”

“Akinori, nan guenchanayo. Return please,” you smiled. “They won’t hurt me.”

“As you wish, Hime,” he bowed, retreating into the key.

***

The Gullwings, Tifa, Rinoa, Fuu, Lightning, Vanille, Serah, Fang, Olette, Namine, and Yuffie couldn’t help but pace back and forth in the basement turned room, worried for your well-being. The usual hyperactive Yuffie and Rikku were sulking against the foot of their beds, poking at the carpet. The sudden open and closing of the door jolted them out of their trance, everyone looking over at the staircase.

Rika ran down the steps and immediately plopped down on a bed, her loud cries muffled in the pillow. Xion trudged down behind her and sat wordlessly on the opposite bed, blankly staring at the wall as silent tears ran down her cheeks. Tifa sat beside Xion and turned the younger teen so they could face one another.

“What happened?” Tifa inquired softly. “You two went to get drinks and come back like this.”

“A-Axel’s alive,” Xion sniffled.

“Really!?” Yuffie  grinned, jumping up.

“[Name] did it!” Rikku jumped up as well, clapping her hands happily.

“[Name]?” Fuu glanced at Xion.

“[N-Name]’s… She didn’t come back,” Xion murmured, before bawling into Tifa’s arms.