Chapter 27

Home economics was your first class for today. Since the bell had just rung, you knew you were early, but you at least expected the teacher to be here. Thankfully, Kazuki had the class with you, and he sat on your left side as you sat in the middle of the 3 person tables that were styled like mini kitchens. Students began filling in slowly, and a lot of the girls gave Kazuki a smile or wave, which he returned with a nod. A familiar face came into the room and you immediately jumped up, running to the teacher’s desk, hugging the surprised brunette.

“[Name]!” she smiled, hugging you back,” It’s good to see you again.”

“You too, Tifa!” you grinned, pulling away,” How are things at home?”

“There fine,” she shrugged,” Roxas and Ven are still a little bummed out you moved, and well Cloud’s the same as usual. Did you take the tests yesterday?”

You nodded,” Mhm, Fai took me.”

“I hope the results are good,” she sighed,” So, who’s your friend?” she asked, nodding towards Kazuki.

“Oh, um, Nyeh!” you called him over.

Tifa looked at you amused,” ‘Nyeh’?” she giggled.

“It was his nickname when we were little,” you smiled,” He was always like a cat.”

“Yeah?” Kazuki asked approaching the two of you,” Don’t call me that,” he mumbled to you.

You waved him off,” Tifa this is Kazuki, Kazuki, Tifa.”

“Nice to meet you Tifa-sensei,” he bowed with a smile.

She smiled back,” Nice to meet you too. Now, go take your seats, class is about to start.”

“Yes ma’am,” you saluted her before skipping back to your seat with Kazuki in tow.

Cid was the third one there at your table and you smiled warmly at him as he nodded towards both you and Kazuki- apparently the two became good friends during math. Your eyes scanned the classroom before the final bell rang and you noticed that there were only three boys: Kazuki, Cid, and Roxas- who sat with Kairi and Namine. The task for class today was to make a delicious yet simple dish for dinner.

“So, any ideas?” Cid asked, standing up.

“I do,” Kazuki answered,” How about green curry chicken?”

“Didn’t Tifa say it had to be simple?” you asked with a raised eyebrow.

“She never said in what way [Name],” Cid smiled, putting on an apron,” What I do Kazuki?”

“Alright, I’ll be in charge of the actual curry,” Kazuki paused, putting on an apron of his own,” Cid you can get the chicken and [Name]-”

“Can get the rice,” Cid chuckled.

“I like your thinking, Cid,” Kazuki smiled.

“What!? But that’s too easy,” you whined.

“Then that’ll be the simple part then,” Kazuki patted your head, making you grumble in response.

The dish was finished right before the bell rang, and your group left the food on Tifa’s desk before exiting the room. You split ways with Kazuki and went with Cid to astronomy, where the class was mostly juniors. Tidus and Paine were there, and so was Hope. The five of you occupied one corner of the room as you waited for class to begin.