Chapter 61

“Wait, [Nickname]’s still out there!” Noa turned to grab you when a hand took his wrist and pulled him back just a shot was fired. “What the hell!?” Noa snapped, turning to the culprit.

“You could’ve been hurt!” Stella frowned. “I’m not letting that happen!”

“YOU let THIS happen,” he took a threatening step towards her. “I swear if that bullet even grazes a hair on her head, I’ll—,” he was cut off by another 3 shots.

“… No,” Nero whispered.

“Is she…?” Zack fell to his knees.

“Dammit!” Noa punched the wall. “He better have missed!”

Auron pushed Roxas back from checking. “We wait.”

***

The sharp piercing of an object into your forehead made you hold your breath, and you waited for it to push further, but it never came. Instead, you were knocked down from the side as three more shots were fired, going airborne before landing on something. Slowly, you opened your eyes, and found yourself in the arms of your brother. Rolling out of his grip, you sat up and wiped away the trickle of blood that came down your forehead. Wasurete had his hook blades out, one of them with a small smidge of the crimson liquid.

“Sorry about that,” he sighed standing. “I accidently cut you.”

“It’s fine,” you waved him off as he helped you up. ‘Why didn’t you use a shield?’

‘Nobody knows I’m your brother yet. I can’t do anything out of boundaries of what’s supposed to be my power.’

“Your arm!” you gasped, pointing at the blood that dampened the left side of his white sweater.

“Damn,” he muttered before pulling the sweater off, revealing a black muscle shirt. “The bullet’s lodged in- I’ll get it out later.”

As Wasurete cut the sweater and wrapped the wound, you jumped off the stage and picked up a stray bullet he deflected. It was golden and had a small insignia at the base of it in black ink. You sniffed the object before gasping, having Wasurete look at you in question while calling back his blades.

“You have 2 hours,” you murmured holding up the bullet,” before the poison takes effect into your bloodstream. Once it does, you’ll only have one week left to live.”

“How do you know that? It’s just a bullet,” he raised an eyebrow.

“It’s been tainted with ricin- a poisonous substance made from castor oil beans. It’s odorless and tasteless but I know that it’s tainted since the bullet doesn’t have that… metallic smell,” you jumped back onto the stage. “One of the many shinobi tricks when using firearms.”

“So the assassin they hired—”

“S-Suteki~? A-Are you okay?” Hiro’s small voice whimpered.

Wasurete motioned for you to follow him as he made his way backstage,” [Name]’s fine. Touya and Reks went out to follow him.”

“[Nickname]-chan! You’re forehead!” Fai ran up to you.

“I accidently cut her when I pushed her out of the way,” Wasurete sighed.

You looked around the group of people who made it backstage. They were all those in the audience who had ran to make sure their friends or families were alright. Once your eyes settled on a certain woman, they flared and you pushed past Fai- who was currently thanking Wasurete- and slapped her straight across the face. Her countenance crossed disbelief and she angrily turned to you. Everyone instantly stopped their small talk, watching in silence.