Chapter 72

“Alright, you’re set, [Name],” Aerith smiled, stepping to the side as you jumped down.

“Oh Aerith, thank you so much!” you hugged her tightly.

“You’re welcome. Just tell Wasurete to let you take it easy on the training alright?”

“I will,” you called, exiting the medical ward.

Aerith had spent the last 2 hours with you in the medical ward—stitching your wounds and then healing them. The worst was where you were stabbed in the shoulder by Echidna’s fang, the other being where you were stabbed by Ryuushin in the stomach. Yes, you used an illusion, but only in the middle of the little stare off between you and him, meaning you had to take the hit for Sephiroth or he would’ve gotten it instead.

At the moment, it was almost sun set. Evacuations were stopped at 4:00PM, beginning once again at 11:00AM tomorrow and for the rest of the week or until all citizens were removed from Hollow Bastion grounds. Everyone had cleaned themselves up from a long day’s work and you showered as soon as you got home, changing into a white V-neck and black sweats, your hair in a messy bun, keeping the strands away from the various cuts that didn’t need the bandages most of your body was covered in.

As you entered the living room, the fresh aroma of pasta and fettuccini sauce filled your nostrils, diverting your attention to the kitchen. Inside, Akinori hovered over the stove, a pink apron over his ensemble of white and black. In addition to him, Raizo, Noa, Vanitas, Sora, Ven, and Terra watched hungrily as he piled what he was cooking into a bowl, and placed it on the counter. Before any other boy, even Sora, could get to it, you already took the seat, eyes glued to the food in front of you.

“[Name]-hime,” Akinori smiled.

“Hey, what about us?” Raizo pouted. “We’re hungry too.”

“Yeah, give us some food dude. You know, so we don’t die on the battlefield,” Vanitas said sarcastically.

“My job is to serve [Name]-hime and her only. Besides I’m sure you’re all capable of making your own food,” Akinori answered, jumping up on the kitchen island.

“Sheesh, be cool once in a while will you?” Ven crossed his arms. “It’s not like we’re the enemy.”

“I never said that now did I?” Akinori smirked at Ven’s expression.

“Fine then! I WILL get my own food,” Noa scoffed, putting on a sweet smile and shuffling over to you. “Hey, [Nickname]-chan~? Can you gimmie some—,” his eyes widened. “YOU ALREADY FINISHED!?” Everyone turned their attention to you.

You smiled and swung your legs with a shrug,” I was hungry.”

“Shall I make more hime?”

“Nah, I’m fine,” you waved him off. “Thank you though!” you called behind your shoulder, going into the living room.

Riku was on the couch, blankly staring at the brown box from earlier. Roxas was there too, as well as Namine, Xion, and Demyx who were having a separate conversation off to the side. You jumped over the backrest, startling Riku who soon relaxed when seeing who you were. Pulling the box in front of you, you summoned a dagger and cut through the duct tape. Then, you tilted it to the side, watching as a puzzle box and notecard slid out.

You looked at the card, reading the sloppy kanji handwriting. Words were misspelled, and it was either written extremely hastily, or the person who wrote it didn’t have and education past the fifth grade—not even a good one at that. Either way, it was for sure not Ryuushin’s. Despite grammatical errors read: