Chapter 23

“[Name], wake up,” someone shook you softly. You groaned and swung a fist in a random direction, cuddling with the red hoodie Dante had left you with when you fell asleep, as he snuck out to help again. The person chuckled,” C’mon [Name]-chan, the guys have a surprise for you. Let’s not disappoint them.”

Sighing, you sat up and yawned with a stretch,” Is it morning?” you asked groggily.

“No, it’s about late afternoon.”

“Wasurete?” you raised an eyebrow,” What are you doing here?”

“Since they wouldn’t let me help with whatever they’re doing, I was told to wake you up and take you to the kitchen,” he stood up and offered you a hand.

You took it and Dante’s hoodie as well,” I didn’t know someone like you would take orders,” you teased, opening the door.

“Someone like me?” he looked down at you in confusion.

“Yeah,” you nodded,” You seem like someone who does things of their own will.”

“Well, Hirokiyoshi isn’t exactly someone I can say no to- not that I really plan on anyway,” he shrugged.

“I love that kid, he’s so adorable!” you gushed.

“You act like a kid a lot yourself don’t you?” he asked with an amused expression.

You frowned as the two of you neared the living room,” What makes you say that?

“I can tell just by the way you act. You’re lovable and optimistic- like Hirokiyoshi.”

“Thanks!” you grinned, putting Dante’s jacket on the couch.

He stood behind you and laid both hands over your eyes,” Sorry, I needa keep my obligation to the cause,” he strained the last words in irritation as you giggled and walked where he directed.

As soon as you stepped foot in the kitchen, a loud ‘SURPRISE’ was heard, which made you jump. In front of you, a cake was placed in little Hirokiyoshi’s hands and he was grinning from ear to ear. It was a small square one, and was about a foot long on each side. By its height, you guessed it to be about 2 layers. Its base frosting was white and there were multicolored splotches of what seemed to be flowers and other things accompanying the cookies, chocolate, and sprinkles while caramel, strawberry, and fudge syrup messily decorated everything. Despite its look, you agreed with Kurogane and Fai that it tasted heavenly.

Later around early evening, you left home with Noa to get forms for the guys to attend school. Ignoring the other’s complaints that he should help clean up as well, Kurogane said that he needed his turn to go outside. When at the gate, Hirokiyoshi called for the two of you to wait for him, being that he snuck away from his brother to come. Smiling, you both held each one of his hands and began walking the distance to school.

“[Name]-san?” Hirokiyoshi looked up at you as the three of you were in eyeshot of the school.

“Yes Hiro?” you smiled at the small boy,” You don’t have to use honorifics with me if you don’t want to, it’s not necessary.”

“Okay,” he pursed his lips in thought,” Suteki… Can I call you that?” he asked.

“Suteki…Doesn’t that mean beautiful in Kanji?” Noa looked over at you with a smirk.

You giggled and gave a nod, stopping to take notice that you reached the front of the school,” Why that name?” you asked, kneeling down to Hirokiyoshi’s level.

“W-Well,” he blushed,” I think you’re really, really p-pretty,” he stuttered out.

Noa chuckled,” C’mon [Nickname]-chan, don’t do this to the kid.”