Chapter 14

The alarm on your phone woke you the next morning. It was easier than being woken up, and it put you into the habit more than relying on someone. After taking a shower and getting fixed up for school, you headed downstairs to an empty kitchen and living room. While you were eating a bowl of cereal about 20 minutes later, Cloud trudged downstairs with his hair dripping on his crisp plaid blue shirt. He stopped short at the fridge and raised an eyebrow at you.

“[Name], why are you wearing your uniform?”

“Because I’m going to school?” you took a bite of your cereal.

“Yeah, but today they’re doing the mission administrations.”

You rolled your eyes and banged your head on the counter with a groan,” Cloud, you need to remind me of these things. I don’t know how stuff works around here. From what Leon told us on Monday, I thought we’re just getting a slip.”

He chuckled in amusement,” [Name], that’s only if you pass the exams for it first.”

“Well I blame Leon for not saying so earlier! What do I have to wear then?”

Cloud took a swing of juice before answering,” It’s still uniform, but kinda different. Tifa left them on your dresser last night. You can choose your shoes though, but I don’t really see how that helps."

You sighed and got up,” Alright I’m gonna change.”

“Don’t bother bringing anything to school, you’re not gonna need it,” he called as you walked up the stairs.

Back in your room, you found the change of clothes Cloud was talking about. It was a black tank top and a black plated skirt that had black volleyball like shorts underneath. Thankfully, there was a zipper pocket on the right side which you slipped your phone into. You slid on the black cutoff gloves and kept your above knee high black socks on as well. Since you could choose your shoes, you decided on the black combat boots to complete your ensemble. You made sure your high ponytail was secured tightly before skipping down the stairs. Tifa was there now and so was Roxas.

Roxas’ uniform consisted of a black muscle shirt and black baggy cargo pants, along with black high-tops. He also wore the black cutoff gloves around his hands, and it made you guess that there was probably some kind of sparring since you did have to prove yourself for these missions. You perched yourself on the countertop and began eating the rest of your cereal as Ven also came into the room. He was wearing the same thing as Roxas, but his were black baggy pants instead. Once you took your final swig of milk in the bowl, a question popped into your mind.

“Why do we have to wear these? Can’t we just use our P.E uniforms?”

Ven sat in a chair, taking a bite of toast before answering you,” Nope, we go to a different world for the exams. So we won’t get lost, we wear this.”

“What if the people there are wearing the same thing?”

“They give identification tags to the students so they know who’s who. It changed from stickers to now just dog tags. You’ll get one when you board the airship,” Tifa said chewing on a piece of apple.

“How does the whole thing work though?”

“It’s a bunch of tests. Weaponry, survival skills: it depends really. If you can’t pass at least 75% of them, you can’t go on the missions,” Cloud answered.

Ven scoffed,” Che- as if. Those aren’t even missions. We just go to different worlds, kinda like a tour. Nothing exciting happened before and I don’t think it really will. Someone’s gonna be talking along the lines of blah, blah, bullsh-“