Chapter 19

After spending some time with [B.O.C], you found that you had fallen fast asleep. It was about Friday night when Cid finally landed in Hollow Bastion; taking a completely new route home due to the storm- which took even longer. During that time, you caught up on your sleep, and Tifa or one of the other girls constantly came in to make sure nobody bothered you.

You were woken up by a soft bumping and your eyes weakly fluttered open to see Cloud’s face. He was carrying you in his arms, and above, you saw that the sky was sprinkled with stars, grey clouds moving in.

“[Name]? You awake?” Cloud looked down at you.

You nodded,” What time is it?”

“12:57 midnight,” Ven answered from beside him.

“Cloud, you can put me down,” you said groggily with a yawn.

He shook his head,” You had a fever for the past day.”

“What?” you’re eyes widened at the news,” But, but I feel fine.”

“We asked Balthier and Aerith to check on you when you didn’t wake up for breakfast earlier today-”

“Cloud today ended like 3 minutes ago,” Ven interrupted, opening the main door to the house.

You giggled at Cloud’s irritated expression,” Ven, shut up. [Name], we’ll see how you feel later in the morning. That’ll depend whether or not you’ll get to go to the dojo.”

“Cloud,” you whined as he went up the stairs,” I feel fine I just-” you covered your mouth, and jumped out of his arms as he reached the top, running into the bathroom. Cloud stumbled forward, almost falling. Ven and Roxas both gave worried expressions as the three heard you throwing up.

“Tifa,” Cloud called.

Tifa poked her head out from the kitchen,” Yeah?”

“[Name] is throwing up,” he sighed and shook his head.

“What!?” her face crossed with worry as she ran up the stairs,” And you’re just standing here!?”

“Well this isn’t exactly our specialty,” Ven rolled his eyes. Cloud threw him a glare as he pointed the younger teen to his room.

Inside the bathroom, Roxas was holding your tied hair back from falling to the sides of your face as you gave another round of upchucked food. After a moment or two of just sitting there in front of the bowl, you tried standing up. Being that you were weak, Roxas caught you as your legs gave away. He scooped you up easily- which surprised you since he didn’t look muscular- and carried you to your room where Tifa was rummaging through the dresser for pajamas for you to change in; resulting in you wearing a long sleeved dark blue top and dark blue bottoms that stopped at your calves.

After changing and being set into bed, Tifa came in a few minutes later with a bowl of chicken noodle soup on a small tray. She set it down on the foot of your bed and sat beside you, forcing you to have your temperature be taken despite your many complaints. As you waited for the verdict, you took eager bites from the food, and Tifa kept laying a hand on your forehead every now and then.

Finally, Tifa took the thermometer from your armpit, and her eyes widened,” [Name], you temperature is running at 104 degrees!”

You were so surprised, you swallowed the soup wrong, and began coughing profusely,” W-What? How?”

“I don’t know, but you’re taking medicine.”