Chapter 29

"[Name]~ Oh, [Name]," a suave male voice cooed gently. You tried hard not to stifle a giggle, but it slipped out. "So you are awake, you're a bad actress!" he laughed, coming to where you slept and jolted your sides.

"Ah! Hey!" you bolted up from laying on the futon on the floor and lightly hit his arm," Rei-kun!"

He smiled at you, his dazzling violet eyes gazing intensely, snowy white hair falling over them softly," [Name]-chan, Yoshihara is waiting so we can begin training."

"Alright," you nodded, and stretched.

He looked behind him at the open sliding door, making sure that nobody was walking, then leaned forward and pecked you on the lips," See ya in a bit," he called as he left. You felt your cheeks get hot and smiled.

'Rei's still alive,' you thought, then realization hit you. 'Oh no... No, no, no! It's a dream! I have to wake up,' you pinched your arm,' Damn c'mon [Name] wake up!' Nothing; you stayed in the room for a moment and thought. If there was any way you had to awaken, it would be by reliving this... nightmare.

Sighing, you threw on the black shinobi attire- minus the mask- and latched the katana onto your back. This wouldn't be so bad right? No matter what you did, you wouldn't be able to control the actions you had done when it had happened- you couldn't rewrite history. Right now, you were two years back in the past, 14 years old. This gave you the feeling of déjà vu as you walked out of the room- with all your movements were predetermined and controlled.

It was 11PM- Ninjutsu training usually occurred now. Samurai were keeping their guard and for extra safety purposes, Yoshihara had upped the security recently. You casually strolled over to the training barracks where your group met. It consisted of you, Rei, and Ryuushin. As you entered the wooden structure encased with a cement shingled roof, you heard two swords clash.

"Ah, [Name]-chan," Yoshihara smiled," So nice of you to finally join us."

"My apologies sensei," you bowed," I overslept."

"It's all right," he nodded, and then signaled the boys to stop. They did and kept hard countenances as they took seats before Yoshihara on either side of you. "It has come to my attention," he began," That the other day, someone had a slip up during an assassination. We needed our back up shinobi since one of you couldn't handle firing a gun in the right direction," he paused, controlling his temper," Who... was it?"

It was Rei; the moment he fired the shot from the sniper rifle, the wind blew, causing you and Ryuushin to make a mad dash for the target as everyone else was preoccupied and the backup shinobi took out the security. Right now, Yoshihara wanted both the truth and was assessing the skills to see the trust everyone had in each other. However, you all knew this, so nobody dare spoke a word or even made the slightest movement. It was an accustomed 3 second wait before you sacrificed yourself for the team, and that was only when the truth was needed.

"Well?" Yoshihara asked again, this time, his voice demanded the answer.

'...1...2...3...' "I did," you answered, the two looked at you in shock," I was shaky, being that it was my first time with that type of gun."

"Kuso!" Yoshihara groaned, banging his fist on the floor," These younger clients think it's so easy using firearms," he sighed, then stood up," This irritates me, but you were trained. Arise 8th dan," he commanded you. You did as you were told, and he immediately slapped you. The contact stung against your left cheek," Baka gaki! You have failed me!"